Clarence for President- A New Era (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:46:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clarence for President- A New Era (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clarence for President- A New Era  (Read 23581 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: April 25, 2012, 03:45:08 AM »

Senator, I'm honored to serve as your campaign chairman. As my first official action, I'd like to point to the fact that your campaign banner in your first post is apparently not visible, at least not on my computer. But that's something which can be fixed quite easily. Wink

However, the problems of this political simulation that we all refer to as "Atlasia" are not so easy to fix. That's why, at this juncture, we need a leader who can grasp and tackle the challenges at hand. Since I believe that Senator Clarence is the best man for that job, I wholeheartedly endorse him.

We need a leader who stands up for his true values but who is at the same time willing and able to work with his political opponents without ulterior motives. Atlasia is in need of a President who can advocate his views without resorting to simplistic and inaccurate talking points in order to score cheap political points. This country requires a man of experience, honesty, conviction and vision; a man who, despite the fact that many may disagree with him politically, we all can look up to and respect; respect because of his invaluable service to this country in the past and because of his work in the present.

Even though there are other very respectable men running for President in June, I am convinced that this man is Senator Clarence.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 10:43:46 AM »

Yes, it's perfect now!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 01:39:35 PM »

Senator Clarence with sky-high approval ratings

The most recent senatorial approval poll, released by the renowned polling company "Survey Atlasia", leaves no doubt: The Atlasian people overwhelmingly trust Senator Clarence. According to the poll, which was conducted between April 28th and May 1st, 71% of the Atlasian people approve of the work the Senator from Florida is doing.

"This is an encouraging sign for the presidential race", Clarence's campaign manager ZuWo stated. "Clearly, the Senator has shown that he can work across the aisle for the benefit of all Atlasian citizens, and a huge number of people respect him for that".

Link to the poll: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=152754.0
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 01:51:41 PM »

Approval=trust? Would love to see you spin against mine then

Believe it or not, we published this poll without any intention to spin anything against you. Even though you're the NE Governor and the likely nominee of a very large Atlasian party, not every message is directed at you and your campaign. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 02:05:04 PM »

Approval=trust? Would love to see you spin against mine then
Believe it or not, we published this poll without any intention to spin anything against you. Even though you're the NE Governor and the likely nominee of a very large Atlasian party, not every message is directed at you and your campaign. Wink

I am referring to the 85% approval rating this pollster gives me as an executive. I suppose my constituents simply trust me more. Smiley

Congrats, well done! We are happy for you. Enjoy it. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 03:12:50 PM »

Great pick, Senator! From what I've seen, Yelnoc is experienced and very knowledgable on the issues so I have no doubt that he will handle his VP duties in a competent way.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »

Clarence, you are a WINO, you're so liberal! Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 04:04:09 AM »

ScottSurveys reveals: 87% of Atlasians have a positive opinion of Clarence

Recent polling by ScottSurveys shows that Clarence is an extremely well-liked candidate as nearly 90% of the Atlasian electorate views him favorably on a personal level.

ZuWo, Clarence's campaign manager, stated: "High personal favorability ratings don't win an election, but this poll clearly shows Clarence is on the right track. Some people may disagree with Clarence politically, but they apparently think he has his heart in the right place."

Link to the poll: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=152975.0
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »

Yelnoc most popular VP candidate

According to a poll conducted by A-Bob Research Center, Yelnoc is the most popular VP candidate, with more than 90% of those who participated in the poll having a favorable opinion of the IB member.

Campaign manager ZuWo: "It's obvious, Clarence and Yelnoc rock".

Link to the poll: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=153185.0
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 04:45:07 AM »

I am suspending my activities as a Presidential candidate for the time being...

All the best for your recovery. Remember - your health is more important than anything else.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 10:58:06 AM »

How can you reconcile your views on gay rights with the communities of faith. Especially the ones that view homosexuality as a sin due to the tenants of faith and by right of conscience will not perform such weddings?
I support much of your policy views but this one puzzles me as we are both part of a conservative leaning political party and usually conservatives oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, even secular conservatives do on such grounds as they view it as a potential socitial harm.

Conservatives who oppose gay rights on biblical grounds generally have a flawed understanding of the bible's teaching.  If you believe that Jesus's crucifixtion and resurrection represents the end of the old covenant of law and the beginning of a new covenant (and as far as I'm aware that is the predominant teaching in Christian Communities) then this quote from Chapter 12 of the Gospel of Mark makes the commandments of Leviticus null and void.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, it's not that the New Testament (I'm referring to Paul) has nothing to say on the issue. There's no need to rely on the Old Testament alone in order to draw the conclusion that the Bible condemns homosexual acts. But anyway, that's an issue for the "religion and philosophy" board, and as far as I know this issue is debated to excess there.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 03:39:14 AM »

Have a great trip. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 03:40:11 AM »

Thank you Clarence.

You have campaigned with dignity and shown your potential. I look forward to seeing you continue your great work in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies