Clarence for President- A New Era (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:26:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clarence for President- A New Era (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clarence for President- A New Era  (Read 23565 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:09:38 AM »
« edited: April 28, 2012, 09:48:46 AM by sjoycefla »

Can't say I agree with much more than your reorganization and how you'd fight in general, and Afghanistan/China/No.Korea/Iraq/LRA in particular, but it's well-reasoned, well-worded, and should be considered.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »

*launches fireworks, orders orchestra to play Battle Cry of Freedom*

You just confused the orchestra... Which one?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:32:41 PM »

Official Campaign Song Announcement-

When I was across a continent and an ocean from home...all I thought about was home- the people and places I loved. I was born in Pennsylvania, lived some time in Ohio, and the rest of my life I have called Florida home...North or South I love this country and I am proud of every part of it- I am proud of WHERE I COME FROM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nujhhgp8qo

That's really creepy, Clarence... You picked as your campaign song what I had playing on my iPod right when I clicked on this thread.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »

Best of luck.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:55:37 AM »

Clarence/Yelnoc on Social Issues

Abortion
We are pro-life.  Abortion affects not only the mother, but the unborn life.  Yelnoc and I- and others who are pro-life- believe life begins at conception, and believe it is unethical to terminate an innocent life.  We of course support exceptions for rape, incest, and saving the life of the mother.  I founded the Right to Life Caucus to promote this cause and will not compromise it in my campaign.

Does this mean you'd ban abortion at a national level or send it to the regions to legislate as they see fit?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »

Hahaha ZuWo...

SJoyceFLA and Pingvin- I believe the regions must have power on both issues...an issue we debated shortly after the formation of Right to Life Caucus was that the best hope is to make regional change happen...we recognize that it would be impossible to issue social policy from the capital- Yelnoc is the founder of a party based upon regional autonomy and that is a concept we both support

Never thought I'd say this, but I completely support the Whig candidate's platform on social issues (I'm personally pro-choice but that it should also be the jurisdiction of the regions).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »

Y'all (you and Yelnoc) should run for the Labor endorsement, just to make it 6/6.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 09:25:22 PM »

I am suspending my activities as a Presidential candidate for the time being...

Does this mean you don't want to have a debate soon?

I think he's gonna be in Europe...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »

I am suspending my activities as a Presidential candidate for the time being...

Does this mean you don't want to have a debate soon?
I need a few days to pass this kidney stone and recover...I will have some time between then and my European vacation

Well that sounds a great deal less fun than Europe Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 02:37:45 PM »

Senator Clarence on Iran-
"If I am elected President- I will say loud and clear to the Iranian leadership that any attempt- whether successful or not- to use a nuclear weapon on another nation will result in the destruction of the Iranian regime. The Iranian test of a nuclear weapon has proven diplomacy to be a failure...the world looked the other way and willingly bought Iran's lies that their nuclear program was for peaceful intentions. In addition- if Iran were to threaten us or an ally with a nuclear attack- I will order swift military action to render them incapable to follow thru on that threat. Diplomacy has failed- the Iranians have gone nuclear...now we must be firm and make it clear further transgressions will not be tolerated by Atlasia."

I fundamentally agree with most, if not all, of this, but feel that making such statements at this point in the diplomatic process could increase tensions in the region. Iran already knows we would respond with force if they attacked us or an ally; however, making such belligerent proclamations only serves to drive them away from the negotiating table.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »

Good luck, have fun, etc!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 06:50:03 AM »

Y'all hitting rain delays cause of Beryl?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »

What do you mean it's not the victory party yet?!?!

Whoops...

This alone could make me reconsider my second preference.

Did your concerns include the words "deeply disturbing"? Cause that's what I thought...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 08:00:50 PM »

Nonsense, he has several good excuses.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:01 PM »

Bit late, but Clarence, you ran a great campaign, thanks for running, and I was proud to (in a roundabout fashion in the final round Tongue) support you. Stick around! (Unless Debby wipes out all your power or something, in which case you've got an excuse Tongue)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 10:14:47 PM »

Bit late, but Clarence, you ran a great campaign, thanks for running, and I was proud to (in a roundabout fashion in the final round Tongue) support you. Stick around! (Unless Debby wipes out all your power or something, in which case you've got an excuse Tongue)
Thanks very much, SJoyceFla- for the kind words and your support. Debby is a mild broad...I'll be here until I croak ;-)

Well yeah, but you're in Newberry. Gonna have to be some pretty high storm surge to hit y'all up there, but down in St. Pete right near the Gulf... Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »

Thanks very much, SJoyceFla- for the kind words and your support. Debby is a mild broad...I'll be here until I croak ;-)

Well yeah, but you're in Newberry. Gonna have to be some pretty high storm surge to hit y'all up there, but down in St. Pete right near the Gulf... Tongue
Yes- good luck down there!

Well, I'm certainly "down here" for the time being; all the bridges have been closed. Time to sit on a couch with a Turtledove book and a laptop and not leave for the week Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies