Romney Camp: Why we will get the youth vote. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:33:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Camp: Why we will get the youth vote. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney Camp: Why we will get the youth vote.  (Read 7256 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: April 25, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »

Mittens should chat about how means-testless Obamacare jacks premiums up for the youngs to subsidize rich olds like Torie. The youngs seem to be in love with a man who is screwing them. Odd.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:13:26 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 12:19:03 PM by Torie »

Mittens should chat about how means-testless Obamacare jacks premiums up for the youngs to subsidize rich olds like Torie. The youngs seem to be in love with a man who is screwing them. Odd.

The youngs (<26) will be thrilled that, thanks to Obamacare, they can stay on their parents' insurance and that their parents' employers will be paying those premiums whereas before they were less likely to be able to get insurance at their entry level jobs.

Yes, and then the hammer drops after the election when the insurance premiums for those over 26 shoot up to keep mine at a "fair" rate. Oh, and I forgot to mention the debt thing with the attendant AWOL-ism of Obama on entitlement restructuring on a more means tested basis for the olds that the young will have to contend with as the debt service cost begins to eat the US budget alive when interest go up from their current near zero percent rate. Mittens should chat about that too - a lot. Hey, he should take a campuses tour!  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »

Certainly you are voting against your own interests if you are otherwise.

Social Security is now set to run out of money in 2033. Sorry to be you I suppose!

Romney's promised increases in defense and tax cuts at the upper brackets will contribute greatly to Social Security's stability.

You haven't heard the good news that cutting my taxes creates jobs? Mittens shouldn't talk much about foreign policy with the youngs actually.  He should just do that with that old former warrior Clarence in a soundproof room.  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »

Yes, and then the hammer drops after the election when the insurance premiums for those over 26 shoot up to keep mine at a "fair" rate.

How many people are in that predicament - over 26 and paying an individual insurance rate which is much lower than it is for people of median age? I'm asking because I've had health benefits since my early 20s and my age never influenced how much my company spent on me. What is the volume of individual insurance holders in their late 20s vs. those getting it through their companies?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A question asked of Republican presidential candidates: if Democrats offered you a compromise that entailed $10 in spending cuts for $1 in tax increases, raise your hand if you would reject it outright.

You can blame Obama for not seeking compromise with these people, but I can't.

I don't know what percentage of youngs are part of company plans, but obviously indirectly if the premiums shoot up for the employer that cannot help the balance of the youngs' compensation package. What I do know, is that medical insurance premiums even with state regulation that imposes some cross subsidies to the olds are really cheap. My nephew got a plan for $60 a month or something. Those days will be ending baby - big time. Mine even with the cross subsidies are about $450 a month.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Fixed!  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 12:41:44 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 12:43:38 PM by Torie »

You've mentioned your nephew's plan before, I just don't know how common that situation is or what that insurance actually buys. Not Ameriplan by any chance is it? Smiley What are the benefits - is it catastrophic primarily with high deductibles?

I don't recall at the moment the company, but yes, it is a sound plan. I know because it has since been used - big time. We just dodged a bullet actually, because when he moved in with me I found out he did not have medical insurance, and went ballistic. About 10 months later, his world fell apart.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 12:45:36 PM »

You've mentioned your nephew's plan before, I just don't know how common that situation is or what that insurance actually buys. Not Ameriplan by any chance is it? Smiley What are the benefits - is it catastrophic primarily with high deductibles?

I don't know the company, but yes, it is a sound plan. I know because it has since been used - big time. We just dodged a bullet actually, because when he moved in with me I found out he did not have medical insurance, and went ballistic. About 10 months later, his world fell apart.

Was it catastrophic only? How do you think the company stays profitable?

No, it was not catastrophic only, but a "normal" PPO plan. Obviously, the company took a bath on my nephew. If it had too many of my nephew types, the company would have new "management," to wit, the CA Insurance Commissioner.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 12:55:01 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 01:28:56 PM by Torie »

The youngs I know would like to find a halfway decent job once they are done college. I feel sorry for them if there is four more years of Obamanomics. The Obama Jobless "Recovery" is destroying the hopes and dreams of America. No, America can't afford four more years of Obama.

You're right. We need to return to the successful "red" policies illustrated in this chart.

Charts are just so much fun.  I mean it is not as if they prove any cause and effect by themselves. The Pub chart on this little topic would have two lines, one for a "normal" recovery from a deep recession, with the line up from the trough having a nice steep slope, and below it the Obama "recovery" line, with the kind of slope that I could run up on for about 3 miles without feeling any pain, and written above the next "best" thing to the flat line, would be the word "stimulus." And oh percentages would be used, with a chart scaling to emphasize the point. You might have another line from the word "stimulus" to three little circles, with one of the big fat ones  having the words "public employees" written in it, and another circle would have the word "unaccountable for/lost" inserted. And somewhere might be written the words "cost per job created" and next to that "$400,000" or whatever the number is.

The next chart would then show the percentage of the budget going to debt service over the years when interest rates return to "normal" levels.

See how this game works?  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »

No, a quite shocking amount off the stimulus money was just "lost" by states and localities.  They simply cannot account for it. (Just why the Pubs are so in love with state and local governments  has always kind of "amazed" me - all too often they are just cesspools of waste, fraud, abuse and back scratching.) Sure, it is not a huge percentage, so probably an absolute number should be used rather than the percentage, which might look a bit anemic.

Hey, our little "debate" has been fun Brittain33. You are getting quite good at this you know. Have you ever considered becoming a lawyer? You have a nice logical mind, and a good instinct for the other guy's Achilles Heel.  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »

I guess Torie is the kind of youth vote that Romney aims at.

Well I feel and act young (sometimes almost like a teenager). Chronological age is for the "little people."  I have transcended such trivialities - for the moment. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies