Eating dogs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:22:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Eating dogs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it OK to eat dog meat?
Yes

Yes, but only if you are in country where its normal

No - only hotdogs

Other (specify)

Dunno

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Eating dogs  (Read 10299 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: April 28, 2012, 01:52:30 PM »

No. It goes against the sacred covenant we have with the canine species. We have coexisted for thousands of years, and they have been domesticated. They are "man's best friend". Some cultures have gone astray from this covenant, but that doesn't make eating them okay. Pigs are just as smart as dogs of course, but no covenant exists with them. They have been bred for food. Dogs have not.

I also like the inefficient argument. Why eat another carnivore (actually, aren't dogs omnivores?)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:40:14 PM »

No. It goes against the sacred covenant we have with the canine species. We have coexisted for thousands of years, and they have been domesticated. They are "man's best friend". Some cultures have gone astray from this covenant, but that doesn't make eating them okay. Pigs are just as smart as dogs of course, but no covenant exists with them. They have been bred for food. Dogs have not.

I also like the inefficient argument. Why eat another carnivore (actually, aren't dogs omnivores?)

Sacred covenant?

Well, something I believe anyways. There is a special relationship between dogs and humans. Something that has existed for millenia, and something that cannot be denied.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 02:28:04 PM »

Sacred covenant?

Well, something I believe anyways. There is a special relationship between dogs and humans. Something that has existed for millenia, and something that cannot be denied.

Seems like pigs were getting the shaft convenant-wise.

Well, as smart as pigs are, what good have they done for humans besides being very tasty?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 11:07:37 AM »

Sacred covenant?

Seems like pigs were getting the shaft convenant-wise.

Well, as smart as pigs are, what good have they done for humans besides being very tasty?

(an animal with an even closer bond to humans than dogs).

Debatable, but perhaps the same argument could be used against eating horse. At least horses are strictly herbivores.

So, where do we draw the line? Is eating chimpanzee ok?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 08:47:33 AM »

I bet neanderthals were tasty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies