SENATE BILL: Atlasian Arts Advocation Act of 2012 (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:53:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Atlasian Arts Advocation Act of 2012 (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Atlasian Arts Advocation Act of 2012 (Law'd)  (Read 5552 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 27, 2012, 06:35:17 AM »

As I said when I first saw this bill, we should be aiming for less govt spending, not more. I was surprised to see this come from 20RP12- soem one who believes in smaller govt. This isn't as egregious as the Broadcaster bill, but it puts govt where it doesn't belong. Let the arts thrive privately-
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »

Government is the one cutting funds from the arts locally in schools. This bill seeks to keep the art industry afloat. Some Government spending is necessary, just so long as it doesn't come with a tax increase. What, in the opinion of the Senate, is the least necessary area of Government spending? Or at least the area in which can have spending cut most comfortably?
20RP12- you are a very good person but I find your view on this hypocritical...when I asked you about this weeks ago I asked why you supported cuts almost every where in govt but supported the national govt financing the arts... you replied that it was because you were an artist and it was importnat to you. That is fine- but that is the mentality that gets spending out of control...people have their important babies that they want to boost funding for. That's what concerns me...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:20:55 AM »

I agree and don't want to circle the wagon here, but since when does culture come from the government? Paintings, books, music, movies- does the government subsidize Hollywood? Was Twain receiving a stipend from Washington to write Huckleberry Finn? Did Motown originate in a line item?

Culture flourishes in this nation- a $150 million line item or not won't affect it...it will just insert government into culture. I know this happens in reality- but I believe culture should be out of government's intervention

I find this a very interesting disucssion and I also understand your point and where you are coming from completely :-)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:33:51 PM »

LOL, Of course the government subsidizes Hollywood! Really?
Instead of just posting "LOL" and denying what I said like a jerkoff, how about you provide some evidence to back yourself up... not saying you're mistaken- just saying you're a douchebag
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »

LOL, Of course the government subsidizes Hollywood! Really?
Instead of just posting "LOL" and denying what I said like a jerkoff, how about you provide some evidence to back yourself up... not saying you're mistaken- just saying you're a douchebag
Calling names is inappropriate.
LOL- you think calling names is inappropriate- really?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 09:00:54 AM »

This is why the game is dying. We can't have a simple debate without somebody calling somebody else a name.
For the record- I apologized to Napoleon... had a rough evening last night due to some issues with my daughter
However- I'd say the game is dying for many reasons other then this and I get called a fascist or racist far more then I call others a douchebag
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 06:58:18 PM »

I respect the President and his comments...I'd be keen to see an amendment from the sponsor or a friendly Senator along the lines he was discussing
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »

I would support a bill that allocated funds spcifically for art teachers...that is a direct job-saving bill
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 08:56:42 PM »

I agree with Sbane's suggestion
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »

I doubt any one has any objection...

Can I move to bypass the 72 hours or simply reduce it? I don't think we need three damn days for this...we'll be clogged worse then Christie's toilet after he returns from a Mexican joint
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 09:07:49 PM »

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »

Ok
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 01:16:05 PM »

I will oppose anything beyond the recruitment and retention of art and music teachers- that clause provides jobs for people, the others are throwing money for festivals and art projects which are not critical spending
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »

I'm sorry- I didn't see this. I did mean to object but if it's too late no problem...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »

I will oppose anything beyond the recruitment and retention of art and music teachers- that clause provides jobs for people, the others are throwing money for festivals and art projects which are not critical spending

How does the construction of music and art rooms, the sale of supplies, the economic activity for local businesses that come about from festivals... not help the economy and create jobs?
Alright- good point Mr. President. You all are much smarter then me...

Mr. President Pro Tem- I appreciate your allowance of my objection- but I will drop it. Much of this money does good and in reality it isn't too much money to spend...I favor the bill as it stands far more then the original bill and I will be voting fo rit
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 07:17:59 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies