French legislative election 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:48:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French legislative election 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French legislative election 2012  (Read 79277 times)
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 15, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »

Colbert, in such a parliamentary situation that you outlined, with no majority on either the left or the right, what kind of government would emerge?  Would Modem work with the left or the right?

IMOO i think the modem would have worked with the left, but fight with modem vs mélenchon would have made them quickly get out

this assemby seems to me ungovernable (if this word exist in english)
Lol I guess that's why Hollande doesn't want full PR and only wants a bit of it? 
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »

Well, Ayrault is the PM as of today, and his new cabinet is mainly moderates.  Fabius is foreign minister, Moscovici is Finance Minister, and Mountebourg is Industry minister.  Aubry was completely left out.  She was offered a super-ministry of education, youth, and culture, but she didn't want to be in the government if she couldn't be PM.  Seems like the bad blood isn't really behind her and Hollande after all. 

What puzzles me is, why give a guy who opposed EU membership the foreign affairs portfolio?  I mean, Aryault seems like he'd be a much better pick for that.  Fabius could be finance minister.  And Aubry could be PM.  Or even if her as PM is out of the question, then you could just give Fabius his old job back.  Seems like it would make a lot more sense. 
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:14:43 PM »

Sorry if this has already been posted (I've checked and haven't seen it, though I could've missed it), but unfortunately Melenchon got 3rd place in Pas-de-Calais'-11.  I mean, I'd be a thorough PS supporter if I were French (unless Manuel Valls ends up becoming Hollande's successor, in which case I'd switch to either the Greens or the FdG), but I'd at least like to see Melenchon in parliament. 
Results:
Marine Le Pen (FN)-42.22%
Philippe Kemel (PS)-23.72%
Jean-Luc Melenchon (FdG)-21.46%
Jean Urbaniak (Divers droite)-7.86%
Marine Tondelier (EELV)-1.60%
Michael Vast (DLR)-0.92%
Others-2.22% (all of whom are left-wing or center-leftish...the PRG candidate is the most right-wing of them). 
Total Left: 49.00%
Total right (including FN): 51.00%
Eesh.  Looks like the runoff is going to be close.  Kemel will have to take more than 1% of the non-FN right-wing vote to win assuming none of the FdG voters opt for Le Pen (and judging by what she stands for, I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of them do).  So, the numbers seem to be pointing towards a narrow Kemel victory. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies