Possible GOP comeback? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:15:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Possible GOP comeback? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Possible GOP comeback?  (Read 8539 times)
hopper
United States

« on: April 27, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
« edited: April 27, 2012, 05:56:43 PM by hopper »

Losing 63 House seats in the last election is trending Democrat?
Yeah but that was because of the Tea Party, the bad economy, and Obama Care. A 63 house seat gain is something that happens every 70 years. THe GOP won like 60% of the white vote the last time in 2010 and even won women 49-48%. The White Population is growing albiet less than the Asian or the exploding Hispanic Population. Most Hispanics are Mexicans(look at the Pew Hispanic Center Hispanic population chart) who don't like the GOP because of  Jan Brewers tactics a couple of years ago with SB1070 in my opinion.

Alienating Hispanics is the stupidest thing the GOP has ever done in my opinion. You are gonna those voters in the future and to alienate them now? Big boo boo.

I know one thing is for sure the GOP won't win the women vote this year. The contraception issue was bad for the GOP and coupled that with Hispanic Women and Black Women like Obama alot. Romney is winning the white women vote though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »

I am a libertarian republican. I am pro-gay, pro-gun, pro-choice, pro-immigration reform, pro free market. If the GOP can go libertarian I am on board. I can't stand the Religious Right. The GOP wants to send women's rights back 40 years with their extreme stance on abortion right now. It makes me mad. I miss Moderate Republicans but of course the Religious Right threw them out of the party because they label them RINO's. They have to understand a Republican from New Jersey is different from a Republican in Mississippi. Why doesn't the religious right understand this? Even Democrats understand a Democrat from Mississippi is different from a Democrat In New Jersey.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:24:37 PM »

I mean over all, people are getting more and more Liberal as we speak. Once the older generation dies off, then the Liberal revolution will really have taken its toll on conservatism. Also I am talking more about Social conservatism, not a bunch of Libertarians.

I really think social liberalism is on the rise, sadly for us social conservatives. I think that, in order to compete nationally, the GOP will move towards becoming more libertarian-oriented.
Well yes and no. The GOP is being extreme in its views with immigration and abortion right now. The reason that the gay marriage thing is on the rise is because Generation Y favors it by a healthy margin and Generation Y has a big generation of people. Generation X is smaller so we don't have as big as a say in cultural issues as Generation Y does. The Boomers are starting to die off too so their say is waning.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »

I can't see "let's ignore ethnics and let's get >70% of the white vote" working effectively.

Me ether,

I also see Rockefeller's prediction as unlikely due to the fact that there in fact is a generational change about to happen within the GOP.

Let me explain,

Most of these hard-right SoCo flavored Republicans and Tea Party members who hate "Obama, Big government, Sharia Law, Abortion, GAys, and the Messicans" are typically above the age of 55 or at least above 48. So unlike what happened with the Democrats hard turn to the left in the 1970's driven by youth involvement in the Civil Rights and Anti-War movements. These peoples political staying power's rather limited and is waning in the long run.

The much younger generation of conservatives replacing them I.e. those in their 20's to 40's are for the most part in my experience classic moderate Republicans or hard-libertarians. As they could care less about the cultural wars and many of them openly support gay rights and legalizing pot and don't come across as anti-immigrant. What SoCos there are amongst the new generation try to sway away from the old culture war issues. So the hard right is clearly in the minority Imo in the future GOP.

You like Sharia Law?
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »

I expect White voting patterns to become more homogeneous over the next twenty-to-forty years.  I think this stands to better the Republicans and not the Democrats.

Republicans don't need the Hispanic vote if they are winning >70% of the White vote.  Expect the Republicans to become a much more ethno-centric party, more in the mold of the BNP.  I don't like the idea either, but its just as viable as path for them to take as "tuning down social conservatism".  The GOP will try, in the coming elections, to unify voters on the premise of race, not social class. 

Oh great. So the entire country will be like the racist Solid South.
Your response to that post is kind of hilarious because of what Obama did to unify the latino vote with this temporary amnesty executive order.
hopper
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2012, 06:40:48 PM by hopper »

Ron Paul had some Culture Warriors on his side too. We're anti-gay marriage, anti-big government, anti-Sharia Law, pro-life. We also happen to be anti-war and pro-immigrant as well. We are Tea Party aligned and all in our early 20's to 30's. The pro-life view evangelicals have is winning 60-40 over the pro-abortion crowd.

Having been to a Paul rally, I can tell you that hardly a complete majority of Paul supporters are pro-life. Tongue

I know many Paul supporters are not pro-life. I was talking my group of Paul supporters.
Ron Paul? I like his economic platform but his foreign policy views are crazy and out of the mainstream. I hope anti-war activists are not the future of the GOP. We already have the liberal left for that type of thing.

On a side note why are we talking about sharia law on these threads? Sharia Law is for 3rd world countries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies