Ask 20RP12 Anything
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:23:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ask 20RP12 Anything
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Ask 20RP12 Anything  (Read 3004 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »

I don't think a bi-national solution is what Palestinians or Israelis want in order to solve this conflict. Each side wants their own independent nation. I don't think a three state solution would be best either. I believe a two state solution is what is most necessary to resolve the conflict. Also, I believe the Golan Heights/Sheeba Farms should be split between Israel and Syria.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »

I don't think a bi-national solution is what Palestinians or Israelis want in order to solve this conflict. Each side wants their own independent nation. I don't think a three state solution would be best either. I believe a two state solution is what is most necessary to resolve the conflict. Also, I believe the Golan Heights/Shebaa Farms should be split between Israel and Syria.

Reasonable, but what is your position specifically on the Shebaa Farms? Lebanon claims it, and 1920-30 reports consider it Lebanese, but it was administered by Syria 1948-67. It's currently occupied by Israel as part of the Golan Heights, while Lebanon claims it and Syria vaguely accepts the claim until Israel withdraws.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »

It is traditionally a Lebanese piece of land, therefore I'm going to correct myself and say that it should belong to Lebanon.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »

What is your position on the Tuareg revolt currently taking place in the Azawad region of Northern Mali?

What's your position on the Somalia-Somaliland-Puntland dispute?

As President, would you recognize any/all of the following: Abkhazia, Taiwan, Northern Cyprus, Palestine, Western Sahara, and/or South Ossentia?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 11:48:14 AM »

What is your position on the Tuareg revolt currently taking place in the Azawad region of Northern Mali?

As President, would you recognize any/all of the following: Abkhazia, Taiwan, Northern Cyprus, Palestine, Western Sahara, and/or South Ossentia?

I believe the Tuareg people are fighting for their rights as humans, which is great to see and I'm glad to hear that a ceasefire and subsequent recognization of the people has occured in Niger.

I believe the Somaliland-Puntland dispute should be resolved through diplomatic talks and without international military intervention.

I would recognize every nation and territory that seeks recognization. We should offer equal opportunity to every nation and territory around the world.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 12:11:15 PM »

Where do you stand on Kosovo?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »

I believe both sides committed wrongdoing, therefore I take neither side.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 12:13:56 PM »

What is your opinion on the "Empowering Regions in Federal Elections Take Three Amendment" and ilikeverin's "Equal Representation Amendment"?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »

I believe the Tuareg people are fighting for their rights as humans, which is great to see and I'm glad to hear that a ceasefire and subsequent recognization of the people has occured in Niger.

I believe the Somaliland-Puntland dispute should be resolved through diplomatic talks and without international military intervention.

I would recognize every nation and territory that seeks recognization. We should offer equal opportunity to every nation and territory around the world.

Even when that recognition might alienate important allies (Georgia, China, Cyprus, Israel, Morocco)?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »

What is your opinion on the "Empowering Regions in Federal Elections Take Three Amendment" and ilikeverin's "Equal Representation Amendment"?

Both are excellent amendments that promote regional rights.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 01:16:49 PM »

Even when that recognition might alienate important allies (Georgia, China, Cyprus, Israel, Morocco)?

I believe, through diplomacy, we will not alienate any ally.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2012, 01:29:40 PM by Senator Scott »

Where do you stand on age of consent laws?

No, I'm not asking this to be funny or anticipate any morally questionable responses.

Well, okay.  Maybe a little.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 02:01:05 PM »

Where do you stand on age of consent laws?

No, I'm not asking this to be funny or anticipate any morally questionable responses.

Well, okay.  Maybe a little.

Sex is cool and I'm not old enough to consent to sex so make of that what you will.

Seriously though, I think the age of consent for sex is fine where it is.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »

What about Transnistria?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »

What about Transnistria?

Huh, I forgot Transnistria and Nagorno-Karabakh...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »

I believe, through diplomacy, we will not alienate any ally.

If Atlasia recognizes Taiwan (just for one example) as a sovereign state, a military response from the PRC  would most likely occur (and a blockade of Taiwan would almost definitely occur), and recognition would possibly be considered as a act of war by Atlasia against the PRC (recognizing part of their sovereign territory as part of another nation). This, needless to say, is undesirable.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2012, 02:46:45 PM »

I see. You are very sharp in the area of foreign policy. Perhaps you could serve as SoEA under my administration Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 10:19:40 AM »

ASK MOAR QUESTIONS
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 10:55:50 AM »

Where do you stand on the copryright reform?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »

I believe sometimes copyrights go too far whereas to make the simple usage of a certain song on a Youtube video a criminal offense. Artists are entitled to their money, but art is something that should be available to everyone, regardless of whether or not they can afford it. I've gotten flack for this before, but I stand by this opinion.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2012, 11:18:43 AM »

I believe sometimes copyrights go too far whereas to make the simple usage of a certain song on a Youtube video a criminal offense. Artists are entitled to their money, but art is something that should be available to everyone, regardless of whether or not they can afford it. I've gotten flack for this before, but I stand by this opinion.

Purple heart
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2012, 11:31:15 AM »

;__; Purple heart
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 12:24:46 PM »

Foreign policy is kinda my thing, so here's moar questions... a lot moar:

-What do you propose as a settlement to disputes over the Spratley and Paracel Islands in the South China Sea?

-What's your position on arms control (specifically on nuclear weapons like START?)

-What's your position on the Law of the Sea Treaty?

-As President, would you ever find a situation in which you would need to act as Commander-In-Chief without approval of Congress?

-How do you feel about restrictions on free trade between Atlasia and certain nations, namely Azerbaijan, Belarus, Fiji, Liechtenstein, Russia, Brunei, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, CAR, Chad, Congo, DR Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Gabon, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, Zimbabwe, and Uzbekibekibekibekistanstan? Specifically, are you of the opinion that sanctions are an act of war?

-What is your position on the export of "dual-use" technologies?

-How would you reform the foreign aid system?

-What, if any, actions would you take to combat piracy in the Gulf of Aden and Strait of Malacca?

-What, if anything, would you do to "promote democracy" around the world?

-Your position on the ICC?

-NATO?

-Your position on the NPT?

-What would be a 20RP12 Administration's position towards the Balkans? Burma? India? Sudan? China?

-What are your feelings on debt relief for Third World nations?

-What, if anything, would your administration do to combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis?

-What was your stance on the Dubai Ports World controversy (included to give an idea of future policy stances)?

-What would you do to combat drug trafficking in Central/South America?

-What would your administration do to try to deal with the Soviet Union Russia?

-What is your position on immigration both to Atlasia and to Europe (and what some people are calling the Hispanization and Islamization of those areas, respectively)? Is this a concern or is this blown out of proportion?

-What would your administration's stance be towards Thailand?

-What would you do to address climate change?

-What steps would your administration take to reduce dependence on foreign energy?

Have fun...
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »

-What do you propose as a settlement to disputes over the Spratley and Paracel Islands in the South China Sea? - Sit down with all sides for diplomatic talks. Despite the disparages between the PRC and Taiwan, I believe an agreement can be reached.

-What's your position on arms control (specifically on nuclear weapons like START?) - Absolutely 110% support. Arms reduction is a key step towards world peace and a 20RP12 administration would reach as many agreements on arms reduction as possible. I plan to detail my Nuclear And Non-nuclear Warhead Reduction Proposal (NANNWRP) within the coming days.

-What's your position on the Law of the Sea Treaty? - A fine treaty that sets a guideline for protection of the world's oceans in times of war and likewise times of peace. I support it.

-As President, would you ever find a situation in which you would need to act as Commander-In-Chief without approval of Congress? - Absolutely not. Atlasian elected officials serve on behalf of The People, therefore I am not to go above the people. It is not within the President's constitutionally given powers.

-How do you feel about restrictions on free trade between Atlasia and certain nations, namely Azerbaijan, Belarus, Fiji, Liechtenstein, Russia, Brunei, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, CAR, Chad, Congo, DR Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Gabon, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, Zimbabwe, and Uzbekibekibekibekistanstan? Specifically, are you of the opinion that sanctions are an act of war? - I believe we should always be open to free trade agreements with any country unless they remain hostile towards us despite our peaceful efforts. I do not generally support the idea of sanctions unless the country in question is committing acts of oppression and, namely, genocide against any group of people, whether foreign or domestic. I do not believe sanctions are an act of war, instead they are a warning to comply or face non-violent consequences.

-What is your position on the export of "dual-use" technologies? - By definition, "dual-use" technologies can be used by peacefully and militaristically. I do not support the proliferation and export of weapons that would be used for violent purposes whatsoever; it would be in direct violation of my morals as a person. If weapons (such as rockets) are to be used non-violently and for the betterment of the world at large, then by all means I support the export of such technologies.

-How would you reform the foreign aid system? - I would start by making drastic cuts to the amount of foreign aid we give annually. Generally, what happens with foreign aid is we give it to countries in anticipation that it will help feed the starving and aid the ill, when in fact it is intercepted by greedy and vicious oppressive governments that could frankly care less whether the populous at large lives or dies. We must only give foreign aid to countries and causes that we know will actually go to helping people, not into the pockets of greedy dictators.

-What, if any, actions would you take to combat piracy in the Gulf of Aden and Strait of Malacca? - There is, unfortunately, nothing that can logically be done to end piracy. Perhaps the international community can convene and decide upon a proper course of action, but I am currently unable to think of a non-violent means of ending piracy. It is unfortunate, but it is uncontrollable. There will always be bad people in the world.

-What, if anything, would you do to "promote democracy" around the world? - Nothing at all. It is not our job to promote democracy. A nation should be left to decide their own political system. Atlasia is not the policeman of the world.

-Your position on the ICC? - Well meaning in nature, but deeply flawed. I would work to improve the overall image of the ICC and make sure their goals are reached.

-NATO? - The Cold War is over, therefore NATO is no longer needed.

-Your position on the NPT? - I'm assuming you're referring to this. As stated before, I support reducing the proliferation of nuclear arms around the world.

-What would be a 20RP12 Administration's position towards the Balkans? Burma? India? Sudan? China? - Openness to free trade agreements, friendship and other diplomatic actions.

-What are your feelings on debt relief for Third World nations? - It is not our place to "bail out" any country. It is unfortunate that some countries cannot sustain, but our elected government should be focusing more on our citizens, not other countries' citizens.

-What, if anything, would your administration do to combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis? - I'm in a tough spot on this one, because while I believe that we should help, I don't believe there is anything we can due to help. Perhaps we could work with the international community to provide education for the most afflicted countries, but there is really nothing outside of that idea that we could implicate.

-What was your stance on the Dubai Ports World controversy (included to give an idea of future policy stances)? - I would not have supported selling the ports.

-What would you do to combat drug trafficking in Central/South America? - I wouldn't do anything. It is not our place to combat things in other countries. That is for the domestic government to handle.

-What would your administration do to try to deal with the Soviet Union Russia? - Nothing. Again, it's not our place. We would be open to friendship with Russia, but we are in no place to sanction or criticize them for any reason.

-What is your position on immigration both to Atlasia and to Europe (and what some people are calling the Hispanization and Islamization of those areas, respectively)? Is this a concern or is this blown out of proportion? - Certainly blown out of proportion. It is truly a blessing that folks would want to come to Atlasia, the freest country on Earth. The fact that some want to turn them away solely because they are immigrants is disgusting and, quite frankly, xenophobic. The same thing for Europe. Islam is not a threat to the world. Terrorism is. Not all terrorists are Islamic. See Timothy McVeigh and The Weather Underground.

-What would your administration's stance be towards Thailand? - We would engage in a diplomatic and peaceful relationship with Thailand.

-What would you do to address climate change? - There is no way to combat climate change, as it is not a living entity. I do support converting to more environmentally friendly sources of energy, such as solar, nuclear and wind energy in order to help make a better impact on the world. But we cannot kill climate change. We can only do the least to contribute to it.

-What steps would your administration take to reduce dependence on foreign energy? - See above. I also support drilling for oil domestically. You cannot ween The People off of a substance that our society virtually cannot survive without.

Have fun... - I did, actually Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »

Now's when I try to tie the questions/answers together...

-If you support the Law of the Sea treaty, does that mean that you back claims made by Vietnam, Malaysia, and Brunei to portions of the Spratly/Paracel Islands over those made by the ROC, PRC, and Philippines, due to those three nations basing their claims based on the Law of the Sea's allowance of nations to claim islands on their continental shelf?

-As part of your support of arms control, would you ratify the Comprehensive Nuclear Test-Ban Treaty, the Fissile Material Cutoff Treaty, the Space Preservation Treaty, the Program of Action produced by the UN Conference on the Illicit Trade in SALWs, or even a ban on nuclear weapons like the current ones on biological and chemical weapons?

-On dual-use items, you would basically support the current aims of the Wassenaar Arrangement, correct?

-In your support of the NPT, would you cease exports of technology with nuclear uses to India, Pakistan, and Israel, as they have not signed it?

-(Rephrased) What, if anything, would you do to stop drug trafficking from Central/South America to Atlasia?

-What would be your administration's stance on emissions standards? Emissions trading?

-(I think this is the only bit I sharply disagreed with) Is the benefits gained from domestic oil drilling outweighed by the costs of cleanup of spills and the loss of tourism revenues due to the tourist areas being covered with petroleum?

-By "Atlasia's elected officials serve on behalf of The People", do you mean the people or The People?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies