Mitt Romney Says to College Students: "Just Borrow Money from your Parents" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:42:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney Says to College Students: "Just Borrow Money from your Parents" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney Says to College Students: "Just Borrow Money from your Parents"  (Read 9687 times)
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« on: April 27, 2012, 11:50:06 PM »

Boy... Sure is hackish in this thread.  His message is actually a really good one: take risks while you're young.

He mentioned borrowing a bit of money to start a business.  Question: where can a recent grad get a business loan?  The bank?  Don't make me laugh.  Credit cards?  Sure, but that's really stupid.  Therefore, borrow from parents.

Doesn't need to be much either: $500 from my parents was enough to start my first business, and I was able to pay that back in three months.  Borrowed another $1500 recently for my next venture, and am making some excellent progress.  (See, I have to keep starting businesses 'cause I can't find a job and I have a four-year-old who I legally have to feed from time to time...)

Anyways, there are lots of very good reasons to rip on Romney.  I don't see where this is one of them...  He was making a suggestion that was well-suited to the audience he was addressing.
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:56:12 PM »

About the only licit business that I can imagine someone now stating [sic] on $500 is a food cart or door-to-door selling.

And that shows your lack of imagination.  Also bear in mind that virtually all of these college students already own computers, and many already own decent suits.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies