Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:55:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.  (Read 11589 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2012, 03:36:59 AM »
« edited: June 04, 2012, 03:39:40 AM by Oakvale »

I think I know why you made that just now. Wink

The People deserve to know if a ticket is employing dirty and desperate tactics. I reject the culture of corruption that I see coming from my opponent's campaign.

I suppose the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket is being addressed here. What can you say about the reproach of "employing dirty and desperate tactics" and "corruption"?

I'm disappointed, of course, that Napoleon's campaign has turned to negative attacks, but I suppose it's inevitable that all heated Presidential races come to this kind of thing.

The issue here is supposedly that that I promised to support Snowstalker in a future Senate campaign in exchange for his vote in this election. To the best of my recollection - from talking to Snow I understand he related the information that he was supporting me to Napoleon only recently, but the conversation in question took place a couple of months ago, before Snowstalker even temporarily jumped in the Presidential race - he asked if I'd support him if he ran, I said something like "uh, sure", and he said he'd support me for the Presidency.

Snowstalker certainly didn't suggest that he'd only support me if I promised to do the same for him - I'd vote for Snowstalker 'cause he'd make a good Senator, not because I might potentially get one more vote in the Presidential election. Frankly, if I was in the business of buying votes on a grand scale I'd be polling better than I am right now. Tongue

(As I recall the discussion took place in the IRC chat, so there might have been other people there, but I don't remember. Yelnoc's usually in there, he might remember the details if he was around).

It's a non-issue. Whoever wins this election will win on their positions on the issues, and on substance, not on halfhearted smears. Napoleon has run a substantive and respectable campaign so far, to his credit, and I hope this doesn't signal a change in direction.

I look foward to debating with all my opponents shortly - on things that matter. Wink

EDIT: I do think it's a little funny that I'm being accused of "dirty and desperate" tactics considering Napoleon's the one resorting to negative campaigning...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2012, 08:27:45 AM »

Haha, well all I know is what your very own advisor told me so it isn't as if I am just making it up. Frankly if its your word against his I wouldn't believe either of you. The people of Atlasia certainly shouldn't.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2012, 02:25:16 PM »

I think I know why you made that just now. Wink

The People deserve to know if a ticket is employing dirty and desperate tactics. I reject the culture of corruption that I see coming from my opponent's campaign.

I suppose the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket is being addressed here. What can you say about the reproach that your campaign employs "dirty and desperate tactics" as well as "corruption"?

I say..ahem..I say.. The Oaky/Cincy ticket finds these accusations deplorable, and demand that the once honorable Governor and former Senator revoke them.  Any and all tactics used, though not disclosed, are only deployed so that we may serve The People, and provide them with the best Administration possible.  That being said, I'm sure we have one or two cabinet positions that would be available for anyone still on the fence..  Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »

I am not revoking any comments. Bribery is unacceptable and is not something I am willing to tolerate. Either Oakvale, Snowstalker, or both are lying here and I think the public deserves to know if a candidate is employing unethical campaign tactics. Having been misled by both many times before and seeing how sketchy Oakvale's response is, this should be cleared up.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2012, 05:36:17 PM »

Bowling Green, Kentucky

Hello. I'm speaking here today to announce the endorsement of the Innovation & Reformation Super PAC, and also my personal endorsement, for President of Atlasia. As many of you know, this PAC and I were backing SoIA 20RP12, but he has unfortunately left the race, and politics altogether. As such, this PAC has made the decision to throw its support behind another candidate. This has been a difficult decision for the PAC and myself; I hold the utmost respect for all the candidates, and they would all make fine Presidents. Tweed (Founder Tweed?) has a great revolutionary zeal and is an ambitious reformer; Senator Clarence has performed well in the Senate and has incredible real-world experience (and is a fellow Southerner); Governor Napoleon has been active as Governor of the Northeast, and has produced the most active regional government of them all. But Atlasia has problems. Activity is down, turnout is low, and scores of people who were once institutions have been deregistered. We've got problems, and we can't sit aside and let them ruin this community and this nation. As such, I have decided to endorse the independent candidacy, the candidacy of no party and no position, the non-partisans, the independents, the pragmatists, the candidate who can and will work together with people of all political stripes to restore Atlasia to its former glory, and who has the experience and record to do so while unifying the nation. I have decided to endorse former Senator, Governor, and Supreme Court Justice Oakvale and his running mate, voice of The People, Cincinnatus. I am proud to offer my help, my voice, my energy, and my commitment to make Oakvale the next President of Atlasia. Thank you all, and goodnight.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 05:36:39 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2012, 05:41:25 PM by Oakvale »

All of us here at the Oakvale/Cincinnatus campaign would like to sincerely thank the SoEA for his much appreciated endorsement!

While we don't agree and everything, SJoyce and I agree that Atlasia needs a President who can compromise and work with those of all political persuasions to move the country forward - a President who will leave no-one out in the cold.

I'll be speaking tomorrow in Cleveland and unveiling our bold ideas on education reform, radically changing the way college tuition works. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2012, 02:28:56 PM by Oakvale »

Er... thanks for that, Mecha? Tongue

In more serious news, education policy being rolled out tonight. Stay tuned! Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »

Mecha, although that was good, in future please use the official Super PAC ad template (found here) for ads.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »

Former Justice Oakvale continued campaigning today with a speech on education policy at CSU in Cleveland, Ohio.

Hey, everyone! Smiley

It's great to back on the campaign trail! It's been an exciting few days for the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket - we've been honoured to receive support from such Atlasian luminaries as my new special adviser, Snowstalker, Mechaman (in a stirring and only mildly anti-Semitic endorsement;D), and the nation's very capable SoEA, SJoyceFLA.

I'm here at CSU to talk a little about what an Oakvale/Cincinnatus administration would do to reform our education system.

It's a fundamental belief of mine that every Atlasian should have the opportunity to go to college, without racking up the monstrous levels of student debt that, unfortunately, an awful lot of students are unfairly saddled with for years, even decades after graduating - and then, of course, there's those who can't afford to go to college in the first place, potentially depriving the nation of countless talented would-be graduates. The usual retort is "well, college isn't for everyone". No doubt. But the option to go to college should be a right for all Atlasians, not a privilege bought or borrowed.

There have been many well intentioned and noble efforts made to address the problem of student debt - tuition incentives, scholarship programmes, you name it, the state or federal government's probably suggested some version of it. But Atlasian students are still struggling, and in a sluggish economy it's tough to get even a part-time job to work towards paying for tuition or hacking a tiny amount off the overwhelming debt students can accumulate over four or more years of college.

That's why Cincinnnatus and I propose a drastically different idea - as President, I will propose a new option for college students to pay their tuition fees: a graduate tax. Under this proposal, students can, instead of paying upfront tuition fees, opt to pay a small percentage - depending on their total earnings - of their future income over a period of many years after they've graduated and found employment. This is a bold idea, we haven't tried something like this before - and it's a big change to the system, but implementing this system would give students of all backgrounds a chance to attend college without the fear of crippling debt in future years.

Under this method of paying fees, students still pay their share of the tuition - but when they're in employment and in a decent position to do so.

What you study in college should be limited based only on your academic ability, not your ability to pay - those whose families have been luckier in life aren't entitled to a better standard of education than those less fortunate. I believe its our responsibility as a society to ensure the equality of opportunity for all.

With a graduate tax system for paying college tuition, we can open the doors of higher education to an entire generation of Atlasian students - it's no cure-all fix, but it is a fair, progressive and inclusive system that means no-one gets shut out of an education through no fault of their own.

Another question is becoming more and more crucial - what will these new graduates study? There's been growing concern over a lack of qualified graduates in important fields - computer science, physics, mathematics, and the like. There's a gap in the jobs market for graduates in these fields, and a good way to greatly improve a graduate's chances of finding employment is to major in a subject that's valued by new and emerging industry.

To that end, Cincinnatus and I propose a national version of a bill I passed when I was Governor of the Pacific, that would provide modest but real incentives to students who major in science and mathematics related fields. At relatively little expense, the state can address worrying deficiencies in the job market and, effectively, make it easier for graduates to find employment.

Before I finish, I'd just like to state my opposition to Senators Clarence and Wormyguy's school voucher bill. While I have no doubt that the bill represents a good faith effort to, as they see it, improve our education system, I'm strongly opposed to school vouchers - they weaken the public school system, reduce accountability, and, all too often, represent an attempt at privatisation by stealth. Our public school system is far from perfect, but we can reform. Let's fix the schools we have, not give more money to private institutions. The question you often hear is, "why should parents send their children to a failing public school?", but that's the wrong question. We need to be asking "how can we make sure there are no failing public schools".

Oh, and one more thing, before I go - you have a high-profile Senate election heating up, and I want to publicly and enthusiastically endorse Senator Ben for re-election. While we don't agree on everything, Ben served the nation with honour as our long-serving SoEA, and continues his commendable career of public service as a fine Senator. This June, the Mideast will face a stark choice - between a moderate, pragmatic Senator who's willing to work with members of all parties, and a dangerous fringe candidate, who subscribes to a paranoid form of right-wing extremism that makes even many members of that candidate's party nervous. I know the Mideast is a conservative region, but, in this election, Senator Ben is the conservative - and the best - choice.

Thank you, Cleveland! I'll be speaking in the next couple of days in New York City and talking about our campaign's big ideas on infrastructure.

If you want a progressive and fair option for college students to pay their tuition, and an administration that will promote science and math and oppose efforts to destabilise our public schools, vote Oakvale/Cincinnatus on Election Day! Grin

Applause.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

We here at the campaign think it's about time for a debate with the major contenders for the Preisdency - myself, Governor Napoleon, Senator Clarence and Boss Tweed. I hope the campaigns can get together and arrange a date soon. I look forward to arguing debating my ideas with my worthy opponents. Wink

In other news, we welcome the latest Survey Atlasia poll showing the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket climbing to a strong third place in the race with 22% of the vote, which is, unless I'm much mistaken, our highest vote yet in a poll. We still have a lot of work to do, but with a little momentum on our side I'm optimistic there's room for growth. Grin
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2012, 09:09:36 AM »

Thank You, Oakvale, for the endorsement Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »

CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE:

Former Justice Oakvale will be campaigning in New York City this Friday, June 15th, and outlining he and Cincinnatus's infrastructure platform.

After that it's on to Portland, Maine, on Sunday, June 17th, where I'll be talking about game reform. Smiley

With Election Day rapidly approaching, I'd like to also re-iterate my desire to have at least one debate as soon as possible. The clash of ideas will make for a more informative campaign for the public.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »

Oh btw, endorsed!  Grin

lol
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2012, 01:14:22 AM »

FYI I have decided to endorse your ticket for 2nd preference. While I don't see eye to eye with you on many issues your ticket is my favorite leftist ticket nonetheless. I believe that you are more willing and able to find common solutions with diverse political groups than the other left tickets in the race. Thus, an Oakvale presidency will be more effective when it comes to working with the Senate, which is made up of people with various political backgrounds. You also tend to treat your political opponents with respect and what you two have got to say on the issues is usually of substance.   
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2012, 09:25:19 PM »

Uh, are you okay?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2012, 09:27:57 PM »

What the hell?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2012, 09:28:11 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2012, 09:30:27 PM by Oakvale »

That's... really something. It's certainly something.

e: On more important topics, I'd like to urge all Northeasterners to give their support to Averroes Nix in today's gubernatorial election.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2012, 09:41:41 PM »

So is your (Snowstalker) new campaign strategy to get people to call in to radio stations requesting that?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2012, 09:42:14 PM »

I knew that was going to be deleted.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »

The potentially scanalous chant has been modified by Il Duce Napolitano and his orange thugs to prevent scandal. Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »

The potentially scanalous chant has been modified by Il Duce Napolitano and his orange thugs to prevent scandal. Tongue

I saved a backup copy if you want the original. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »

To be clear, Snowstalker posted some psychotic parody of a Dead Kennedys' song, which he's since been reasonable enough to remove. Yikes!

I'd also like to thank Governor Zuwo sincerely for his second-place vote. While we don't agree on everything, it's vital that we can we have a conversation about the issues and come to a reasonable compromise. Thank you, Governor! Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2012, 09:49:18 PM »

Erm, what the f just happened? What did I miss?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »

See above. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2012, 09:58:58 PM »

Wait, was that an attempt to be funny? Surely not...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies