Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.  (Read 11533 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2012, 06:33:49 PM »
« edited: June 24, 2012, 11:02:31 PM by Oakvale »

Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket

San Francisco, California -

Hey, everyone! Smiley

Earlier today, I announced my candidacy for President  of Atlasia, which almost came as of much of a surprise to me as it will to many of you.

When I left the Senate last month, I fully intended to retire and spend my time sipping margaritas (NB: I'm not much of a margarita fan, but I think it's part of the package) on the beach, confident that with the passage of the dual dissolution and the subsequent success of new, diverse parties, Atlasia had a bright future ahead of it, despite the increasingly vocal discontent  that some were expressing.

I still believe that Atlasia will survive - and prosper - but there are causes for concern - activity has dropped noticeably, and the recent election was an embarassment, with disastrously low turnout, the deregistration  of a large number of longtime members, and a Left in disarray. I'm still hopeful, but we've got problems, and I realised I wasn't quite ready to sit on the sidelin-- uh, well, beach -- and watch. So when Cincinnatus raised the idea of running for the Presidency on an independent ticket, I agreed.

I've no longer got any political party affiliation, nor do I hold any political office. I'm an independent candidate - though I think you know were my sympathies lie, and can probably guess who'll be getting my second preference Tongue - and, in the incredibly unlikely event that Cincinnatus are I are elected to the White House, we will govern as a non-partisan, independent administration, dedicated to working with the diehard-est of leftists, the most conservative conservatives , the hardline libertarians, and everyone in between to guide Atlasia into an age that's still young and tenuous - the post-dissolution world.

I'm acutely aware that my chances of being elected are slim - independents tend to perform poorly, but even regardless there's a very strong field of capable opponents - my friend Napoleon, a wonderful Governor, the great Senator Clarence, who, like Reagan, would be the oldest person ever elected to the Presidency (Tongue), Secretary of External Affairs Ben, who's been doing a fine job and I look forward to running against again in happier circumstances,  of course, 20RP12, who despite his unfortunate taste in music has been a credit to every office he's held, and Boss Tweed, who I'd half recommend electing just to see what happens. Wink

But while this ticket's a clear underdog, I'm optimistic - particularly that voters of all parties would consider giving us a high preference. I was considering making this campaign's slogan "Oakvale/Cincinnatus: Atlasia's Second Choice". Or, hey, better yet, give us your first preference! Independents have won the Presidency before, and while it's going to be difficult, I'm looking forward to an informative and fun campaign.

Many of you know my resumé - I've been a Governor of the great Pacific region, an at-large Senator, and was honoured to sit on the Supreme Court. I think I have the experience to lead Atlasia during what may be a difficult time, and, crucially, the willingness to work with a Senate that could, quite possibly, oscillate wildly between commanding left-wing and conservative/libertarian majorities. I have my own ideology, but at heart I've always been a pragmatist, not an ideologue.

And, oh, yeah, feel free to ask me anything. Smiley

Thank you!

- Oakvale
   Former Supreme Court Justice  (Ind-CA)

PS: Our platform may or may not include driving the pony people out of the country.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »

You will absolutely be getting a high preference from me.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »

Oh man it's gonna be so tough to preference this time around.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »

Nice banner! But who is this "Cincinattus"?. Tongue

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 07:03:35 PM »

20RP12, who despite his unfortunate taste in music has been a credit to every office he's held

Ssshhhhhhhhhhh Tongue But thank you Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 07:04:06 PM »

Nice banner! But who is this "Cincinattus"?. Tongue

Shame on me, I can never spell my dear running mate's name properly.

*runs to fix problem*
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »

Welcome to the race-
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »

You will absolutely be getting a high preference from me.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:09 PM »

I'm afraid the United League of Kittens has already endorsed the Tweed ticket.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 11:46:21 PM »

I understand. Sad

However, I found a  bunch of kittens living in my shed a few days ago. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 12:24:31 AM »

I understand. Sad

However, I found a  bunch of kittens living in my shed a few days ago. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

pics
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 02:19:44 AM »

No preference. I feel betrayed.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 04:19:25 AM »

You'll get a high preference. Not my first preference, but a high one nevertheless. This race has lacked a centrist ticket so far, so it's good to see that gap filled!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »

The People have temporarily filled your void during your retirement.  Worry not.  A vote for Oakvale/Cincy, is a vote for Duke/Cincinnatus Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 01:49:27 PM »

The People have temporarily filled your void during your retirement.  Worry not.  A vote for Oakvale/Cincy, is a vote for Duke/Cincinnatus Smiley

See, at least half The People support this ticket. Wink

ZuWo - thank you! I appreciate it!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 02:51:25 PM »

Ah shiiiit.  This race just got Real.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »

Q1: How will this ticket's platform differ from Napoleon's platform?
Q2: How will this ticket's platform differ from the Liberal Party's platform?

We'll be rolling out our platform over the week (we've got to finalise a bunch of things before we go publishing and realise we've contradicted ourselves Wink) so hopefully I'll be able to compare and contrast on a broad level then.

That said, if there's any specific points of comparison you're curious about I'd be happy to try and address them. Smiley
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2012, 08:46:30 PM by Yelnoc »

We'll be rolling out our platform over the week (we've got to finalise a bunch of things before we go publishing and realise we've contradicted ourselves Wink) so hopefully I'll be able to compare and contrast on a broad level then.

That said, if there's any specific points of comparison you're curious about I'd be happy to try and address them. Smiley
Policy?  Maaan, I thought this would be a Fun ticket.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:40 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2012, 09:27:07 PM by Oakvale »

Policy?  Maaan, on this would be a Fun ticket.

Hey, it's Atlasia. When I say "policy" we all know it's going to mean something like "We believe freedom is good and terrorism is wrong. Leip bless us, everyone." Wink

EDIT: Oh, Averroes, on a related note - while I'm happy not to be part of a political machine any more (even one as great as the Liberal Party Tongue) Napoleon will be getting my second preference unless he endorses nuking Canada or something between now and the election, and I hope to see my regional Senator, sbane, re-elected.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »

Sure is green avatar in here.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 11:32:56 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2012, 11:34:27 PM by Oakvale »

Campaign Manager Hiring Announcement:

I'm delighted to announce that Attorney General Fuzzybigfoot (Labor-WA) has joined our small operation as our campaign manager.

I've known Fuzzy since back in the day when I was Governor of the Pacific, and he's always been a dedicated, energetic worker with a great  mind for strategy and policy. I look forward to working closely with him over the coming months. Smiley
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 09:38:20 AM »

And there goes the triumvirate.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »

Campaign announcements:

More developments! First of all, we've chosen Ice Cube's classic It Was A Good Day as our official campaign song. Smiley

As President, I will be commited to providing all Atlasians with good day sans barking from the dog, smog, hog, and including Yo! MTV Raps, basketball and, most of all, not having to use their AK.

I even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp, and it read "Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012". Smiley

In related news, I've been working with our campaign manager, Fuzzy, to draw up a tour schedule of speeches and visits in states across the nation, on which we'll be rolling out our official campaign platform. Stay tuned!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 08:13:41 PM »

Way to steal all of my/sjoycefla's ideas Tongue

/kidding
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »

Campaign announcements:

More developments! First of all, we've chosen Ice Cube's classic It Was A Good Day as our official campaign song. Smiley

As President, I will be commited to providing all Atlasians with good day sans barking from the dog, smog, hog, and including Yo! MTV Raps, basketball and, most of all, not having to use their AK.

I even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp, and it read "Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012". Smiley

In related news, I've been working with our campaign manager, Fuzzy, to draw up a tour schedule of speeches and visits in states across the nation, on which we'll be rolling out our official campaign platform. Stay tuned!

Your campaign has acknowledged its inferiority through the use of a blimp, while ours has a mighty zeppelin. You have to special order those things fom Württenberg.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies