Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:09:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.  (Read 11679 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 29, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »

The People have temporarily filled your void during your retirement.  Worry not.  A vote for Oakvale/Cincy, is a vote for Duke/Cincinnatus Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:32:06 PM »

Eh, I didn't expect anyone to fall for it, so I set my preparations low. However, it seems that it briefly worked until Yelnoc noticed the whole "Guest7256".

Pony scum impersonating me?!?  The People disapprove greatly.  Vote for Oakvale/Cincinnatus.  We are the only ticket that will eliminate handle this nations greatest threat Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »

PRESS RELEASE
May 4th, 2012

Vice Presidential candidate Cincinnatus will remain in Las Vegas for a few days to gamble and fornicate enjoy everything the area has to offer, and meet several campaign contributors.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:24:53 PM »

On the Vice Presidency;

The responsibilities and functions of the Vice Presidency have received on and off attention since I registered, and as I can assume, long before too.  I feel it's extremely important, at least to me, that this issue be addressed directly, and I hope that all Vice Presidential candidates will develop their own ideas and conclusions.  Before I bore you with my poorly conceived attempt to "fluff" this dialogue, let me get to the issues..

Cabinet Flexibility has passed and in my opinion, is one of the best pieces of legislation signed in recent months.  A great bill, that remains unused in regards to the Vice Presidency, or at all.  Our Vice Presidents need to step forward when needed, and take on duties beyond the office.  We've constantly had trouble filling and maintaining a full, active cabinet.  When the situation arises that a post is left unfilled (AG for the most of my time here, for example), the Vice President should be the first to offer his assistance.  If this ticket is elected, I will be the first to step forward if the need arises.

Stepping up and taking charge is an important quality for your candidates to have.  It's also important for the game, because it is a necessity for this game, that our elected officials not only fulfill their obligations, but strive to exceed them.  The Vice President needs to take a leading role in updating and maintaining the wiki, in making the game more user-friendly.  The Federal Gov't should seek to copy the Civic information threads that several regions have passed.  A thread maintained by the VP, including the status of bills, linked to the relevant wiki page.  There's a large disconnect between the Federal Government, and the rest of Atlasia.  An up-to-date wiki, and easily-accessible information thread are imperative, if we wish to close the gap.

Finally, evolving the Vice Presidents legislative role is a strong desire of Oakvale and I.  There are many ideas and paths we can utilize, but there is one in which we feel will be both agreeable among partisan lines, and effective legislatively.  While few have brought up the idea of making the Vice President a Senator, we feel that this exceeds the power the position should have.  Instead, we believe the Vice Presidency should be granted the powers to introduce legislation, and amendments, but not given the ability to vote.  This isn't a drastic change by any means, and should be viewed as a step that will increase the effectiveness of administrations to come, the involvement of the Vice Presidency, and a stronger dialogue between the Administration, and the Senate. 

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:25:16 PM »

I think I know why you made that just now. Wink

The People deserve to know if a ticket is employing dirty and desperate tactics. I reject the culture of corruption that I see coming from my opponent's campaign.

I suppose the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket is being addressed here. What can you say about the reproach that your campaign employs "dirty and desperate tactics" as well as "corruption"?

I say..ahem..I say.. The Oaky/Cincy ticket finds these accusations deplorable, and demand that the once honorable Governor and former Senator revoke them.  Any and all tactics used, though not disclosed, are only deployed so that we may serve The People, and provide them with the best Administration possible.  That being said, I'm sure we have one or two cabinet positions that would be available for anyone still on the fence..  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies