Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:44:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012: The Independent Ticket: Concession.  (Read 11673 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »

Campaign announcements:

More developments! First of all, we've chosen Ice Cube's classic It Was A Good Day as our official campaign song. Smiley

As President, I will be commited to providing all Atlasians with good day sans barking from the dog, smog, hog, and including Yo! MTV Raps, basketball and, most of all, not having to use their AK.

I even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp, and it read "Oakvale/Cincinnatus 2012". Smiley

In related news, I've been working with our campaign manager, Fuzzy, to draw up a tour schedule of speeches and visits in states across the nation, on which we'll be rolling out our official campaign platform. Stay tuned!

Your campaign has acknowledged its inferiority through the use of a blimp, while ours has a mighty zeppelin. You have to special order those things fom Württenberg.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »

My mistake for being ambiguous - I was actually referring in that post to our rival for Labor's endorsement, 20RP12's, plan, which, er, isn't so much privitisation by stealth as just blatantly repealing Fritzcare in its entirely and leaving millions of Atlasians without adequate healthcare.

Woah woah woah, hold your horses partner. Blatant attacks like that are uncalled for and frankly untrue.

My plan does not and will not "leaving [sic] millions of Atlasians without adequate healthcare."

My plan is to scrap the current system and work with both left AND right wingers to find a solution. It is my belief that the entire healthcare system does not belong inside the federal Government, but instead should be left to the free market. I would sign a bill, however, that perhaps insured some lower income Atlasians within the federal Government but that's it. I do not believe in the principle of forcing people to buy anything. It is simply against the ideals of liberty.

Fair enough. I apologise for being somewhat glib.

There's a philosophical difference here with is irreconcilable, I fear, and may be best left for the debates, but, more importantly, the use of "leaving" in that post was not a grammatical mistake and thus does not require a "[sic]". Wink

No, it wasn't a mistake, but to accurately quote your precise diction in his statement would make it grammatically incorrect, so he was adding such to emphasize that he knew it was grammatically incorrect in the manner he was inserting the quote but that he intended to preserve precisely what the original author said.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 08:52:22 PM »

My mistake for being ambiguous - I was actually referring in that post to our rival for Labor's endorsement, 20RP12's, plan, which, er, isn't so much privitisation by stealth as just blatantly repealing Fritzcare in its entirely and leaving millions of Atlasians without adequate healthcare.

Woah woah woah, hold your horses partner. Blatant attacks like that are uncalled for and frankly untrue.

My plan does not and will not "leaving [sic] millions of Atlasians without adequate healthcare."

My plan is to scrap the current system and work with both left AND right wingers to find a solution. It is my belief that the entire healthcare system does not belong inside the federal Government, but instead should be left to the free market. I would sign a bill, however, that perhaps insured some lower income Atlasians within the federal Government but that's it. I do not believe in the principle of forcing people to buy anything. It is simply against the ideals of liberty.

Fair enough. I apologise for being somewhat glib.

There's a philosophical difference here with is irreconcilable, I fear, and may be best left for the debates, but, more importantly, the use of "leaving" in that post was not a grammatical mistake and thus does not require a "[sic]". Wink

No, it wasn't a mistake, but to accurately quote your precise diction in his statement would make it grammatically incorrect, so he was adding such to emphasize that he knew it was grammatically incorrect in the manner he was inserting the quote but that he intended to preserve precisely what the original author said.

I got that, but it would been more appropriate to do the following -

"[leave] millions of Atlasians".

[/pendant]

Yeah, that'd work too.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 10:20:48 PM »

Thank you. I respect all the fine candidates in this race; Napoleon's assistance in teaching me the ropes of Atlas, Clarence's real-world experience, and Tweed's role in Atlasia's very formation. But Oakvale gave me the best bribe is the candidate who I feel can best unite Atlasia, and I am proud to work with him.

Is that what the 2.6 trillion thing in your sig is about? Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:36:17 PM »

Bowling Green, Kentucky

Hello. I'm speaking here today to announce the endorsement of the Innovation & Reformation Super PAC, and also my personal endorsement, for President of Atlasia. As many of you know, this PAC and I were backing SoIA 20RP12, but he has unfortunately left the race, and politics altogether. As such, this PAC has made the decision to throw its support behind another candidate. This has been a difficult decision for the PAC and myself; I hold the utmost respect for all the candidates, and they would all make fine Presidents. Tweed (Founder Tweed?) has a great revolutionary zeal and is an ambitious reformer; Senator Clarence has performed well in the Senate and has incredible real-world experience (and is a fellow Southerner); Governor Napoleon has been active as Governor of the Northeast, and has produced the most active regional government of them all. But Atlasia has problems. Activity is down, turnout is low, and scores of people who were once institutions have been deregistered. We've got problems, and we can't sit aside and let them ruin this community and this nation. As such, I have decided to endorse the independent candidacy, the candidacy of no party and no position, the non-partisans, the independents, the pragmatists, the candidate who can and will work together with people of all political stripes to restore Atlasia to its former glory, and who has the experience and record to do so while unifying the nation. I have decided to endorse former Senator, Governor, and Supreme Court Justice Oakvale and his running mate, voice of The People, Cincinnatus. I am proud to offer my help, my voice, my energy, and my commitment to make Oakvale the next President of Atlasia. Thank you all, and goodnight.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »

Mecha, although that was good, in future please use the official Super PAC ad template (found here) for ads.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 09:41:41 PM »

So is your (Snowstalker) new campaign strategy to get people to call in to radio stations requesting that?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »

The potentially scanalous chant has been modified by Il Duce Napolitano and his orange thugs to prevent scandal. Tongue

I saved a backup copy if you want the original. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies