Former poster child for missing children headed to prison for raping 10-year-old
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:47:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Former poster child for missing children headed to prison for raping 10-year-old
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former poster child for missing children headed to prison for raping 10-year-old  (Read 734 times)
Rooney
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/poster-child-missing-children-headed-prison-raping-10-year-old-girl-article-1.1069453

Adam Croote, the little kid in the uncomfortable looking suit, was a boy who was terrorized by his father at a young age. The dad apparently shot and killed his pregnant mother when he was two years old and left the corpse as his only company for days. His maternal grandparents kidnapped him and were hunted on a nation wide stake out.

Eventually his paternal grandmother took ownership of the boy and can be seen with her hand on his shoulder as President Bill Clinton signs a law mandating that missing child posters be placed in all federal buildings.

As time went by, Croote found no peace. He was forced from one home to another for troubled kids. He was convicted of sexual assault at 17. Some parents allowed Croote to watch their 10-year old daughter, even though he was a convicted sex offender, and he apparently tried to choke and rape the girl.

I work with students with behavior disorders on a daily basis and have so for many years. The kids almost all come from situations like that of Croote and all show violent tendencies. This shows me that the constant cycle of juvenile delinquency centers for such children does nothing but harm them. I will be honest that the special education services they are given also do not help them a great deal. If the state is going to supply such homes for troubled youths then something positive needs to be done to assure the kids that they are not cattle being driven from one spot to another. I have seen what happens in a lot of homes for troubled kids and it is pretty bleak. That type of background is what makes someone like Croote and something positive needs to be done about it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies