(IMPORTANT) I need to know which is the better destination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:32:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  (IMPORTANT) I need to know which is the better destination?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is better?
Ibiza

Mykonos

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: (IMPORTANT) I need to know which is the better destination?  (Read 555 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2018, 09:25:29 PM »

I have the money to take an amazing vacation this summer and I want to visit one of these places so it looks like it's happening finally.

It's been almost 3 years since I went to the Riviera Maya so I'm gonna go all out and take myself and 2 friends to either Ibiza or Mykonos. Which destination is better? If anyone's been to either of those places to experience it.

Also do any of them have restrictions on tourists under 21? (like alcohol, transportation, curfew, etc)One of the girls who wants to come with me is 19, but me and the other girl are both 21.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 09:26:58 PM »

Are these Americanized Mexican resorts? Nah, go to Europe.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 10:52:07 PM »

After some research, turns out I'm wrong. Still, I think it's better to go around the countries and soak in the culture rather than staying on an island. What would you plan to do there?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 11:59:33 PM »

Go to Norway if you can afford it. Apparently they have the best people.

So good!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 12:21:49 AM »

After some research, turns out I'm wrong. Still, I think it's better to go around the countries and soak in the culture rather than staying on an island. What would you plan to do there?

sorry i didnt explain well.

basically Ibiza and Mykonos are 2 major nightlife cities in the Mediterranean. Ibiza is Spanish, and Mykonos is Greek.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 12:54:26 AM »

I always recommend Spain, but I can't imagine a less interesting place in Spain than Ibiza. If you're flying halfway across the world for booze and EDM, your priorities are awful. Also, you should visit more than one place in any given trip. No need for more than 2-3 nights in each place.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 11:08:24 AM »

I always recommend Spain, but I can't imagine a less interesting place in Spain than Ibiza. If you're flying halfway across the world for booze and EDM, your priorities are awful. Also, you should visit more than one place in any given trip. No need for more than 2-3 nights in each place.

Exactly this. If you're going to Europe, soak in the culture. Go to the cities and the countryside. Visit different regions and countries. Europe's too beautiful a place to just stay in a boring island with nightlife you can get back home, anyway.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »

Exactly this. If you're going to Europe, soak in the culture. Go to the cities and the countryside. Visit different regions and countries. Europe's too beautiful a place to just stay in a boring island with nightlife you can get back home, anyway.

I cannot recommend this enough. Especially getting out of the cities. My fondest recollections from my most recent trip to Europe was visiting a farmers market in a small town in the French countryside and talking with the owners of an independent, family-owned and operated winery in Tuscany.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies