Obama 2012 Campaign Slogan: "Forward." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama 2012 Campaign Slogan: "Forward." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama 2012 Campaign Slogan: "Forward."  (Read 5356 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 01, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »

I don't think so myself. Simple truth shows that this country was much wealthier in the past than it has been during the obama administration. A proper slogan would be 'backward'.

...The speculative boom in real estate about ten years ago devoured the sort of wealth that used to be invested in plant and equipment. Capital invested in plant and equipment tends to create jobs that generate the income necessary for paying off mortgages. Capital wasted on an economic bubble creates an illusion of prosperity for a short time but leads to the realization of huge losses after a few years when nobody can pay the mortgages.

I could make the case that after eight years of Dubya we were no better off economically than we had been in the 1950s. We will be forced back in that direction if we are lucky -- if without the male chauvinism, Jim Crow practice, McCarthyism, and homophobia. Whoops -- the mainstream of the GOP is male-chauvinist, bigoted, homophobic, and politically intolerant!  Eight years of bungling created how many years of decay?

A car can go from a high-value object to a totaled wreck in less than a second during a collision. 

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies