Dutch general election - September 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:30:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Dutch general election - September 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dutch general election - September 2012  (Read 74545 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: May 22, 2012, 02:29:31 PM »

Are you retarded?  Someone makes a comment about how it's "sad" that the renamed-SED are doing poorly, I say that I'm not unhappy that the Stasi party is going down the drain, Al makes one of his holier-than-thou comments implying moral equivalence between the renamed-SED and the CDU because Merkel grew up in East Germany and Antonio some idiotic pseudo-sarcasm to the effect he doesn't believe the renamed-SED is the Stasi party, I provide an example of a recent event in which the renamed-SED went on record hysterically defending the Stasi.
But you derailed the thread by speaking about the SED party in the first place. Otherwise it would just have been 1 comment about Die Linke.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »

Jesus, so about a quarter of Dutch people are borderline Nazis.
There is nothing Nazi about wanting to prevent immigration. Its a legitimate goal in a democracy to want to preserve your country as an etnically based nation state.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »

Its a legitimate goal in a democracy to want to preserve your country as an ethnically based nation state.

That sounds like a rationale for "ethnic cleansing" in Bosnia-Herzegovina in the 90s. Any relation to Ratko Mladic and Milosevic?
I am not sure I want to debate on that idiotic level. Ethnic cleansing and a stict immigration policy are obviously two very different things.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »

Strict immigration policy has nothing to do with " to preserve your country as an ethnically based nation state". The first one is borderline fascist statement. The latter one is the opinion about state of politics.
The purpose of a strict immigration policy for many Europeans (and Koreans and Japanese etc.) is to preserve their countries as ethnically based nation states with a clear majority population. There is nothing fascist or racist about that goal. Its just that certain countries are based on having a shared culture, history, language etc.

I am not a big fan of Wilders, but calling him a Nazi, fascist etc. is simply wrong.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 01:11:09 PM »

Hasn't Italy had some governments led by people from successor parties to the Communist Party of Italy?
Yes, but the PCI became almost Social Democratic in the end, no more left wing than PS in France. It was Euro-communist from the late 60s and then became more and more moderate. So thats not really remarkable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies