Death Penalty Question (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Death Penalty Question (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What punishment do you think a convict found guilty of murder, rape, and pedophilia should get?
Republican: Death Penalty

Republican: Life in Prison w/out Parole

Democrat: Death Penalty

Democrat: Life in Prison w/out Parole

independent/third party: Death Penalty

independent/third party: Life in Prison w/out Parole

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 116

Author Topic: Death Penalty Question  (Read 17772 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: April 30, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »

Republican/Life in prison wo parole.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:51:06 AM »

I believe in replacing the death penalty and life in prison with life in a labor camp. Why kill off potentially valuable resources?

What

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »

I believe in replacing the death penalty and life in prison with life in a labor camp. Why kill off potentially valuable resources?

What

The death penalty is horribly flawed and bad policy all around, and this point has been beaten to death. I won't bother going into this.

That said, what's unreasonable about my proposal? What's the point of sticking a bunch of criminals in an enormous complex and babysitting them for the rest of their life? Why is it better to put convicted murderers and rapists in government storage when they could be contributing back to society via a labor program?

Um because that's basically the same idea as taking away someone's human rights for practicing a certain religion and subsequently forcing them to work themselves to death in a labour camp?

Where've I heard that one before...
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »

Would you still oppose the death penalty even for terrorists and those Americans who committed treason in a time of war?

Yes.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 03:39:14 PM »

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »

I/O: DP - I also support death penalty for drug traffickers.

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 08:10:13 AM »

Please, explain, what fascistic about executing people who sell death to our children?

"Who sell death to our children"

The drug most sold and used in America is marijuana, which has caused...let's see...1, 2, 3, a total of 0 (yes, ZERO) deaths. One would need to smoke a few hundred grams of marijuana per second in order to overdose.

It should not be a crime to put into one's own body what we choose. Hamburgers and steak and ice cream can be just as unhealthy and life threatening as drugs, yet only drugs are illegal. It's only illegal cuz the government can make a hefty profit taxing citizens for a war that needn't even be fought. Politicians talk so much about how our prisons are overcrowded and there's no space to put violent criminals, well then why not make more room by freeing the non-violent criminals who were arrested for having an eighth of a gram of marijuana on their person. It's ludicrous to suggest that just because someone does drugs that they are automatically a violent and deplorable person. Drugs do not make people bad, bad attitudes towards drugs does. The more something is prohibited, the more likely people are to do it. It's why alcohol became a lot more popular in the 20s during prohibition. Tell me, if heroin became legal tomorrow, would you do heroin? Would your family do heroin? Would any logical person on this forum or in the world do heroin? No. Only those who had been doing heroin while it was illegal would still do heroin. It's not like if drugs became legal, we'd automatically forget that they can be dangerous and ruin our lives. In fact, the number of people doing drugs would likely decrease cuz there's no longer that feeling of "wow I'm such a badass for smoking pot even though it's illegal."
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:07:37 AM »

Good point...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies