RL Repass: Romney Dominates in West Virginia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:02:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  RL Repass: Romney Dominates in West Virginia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RL Repass: Romney Dominates in West Virginia  (Read 5930 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: May 02, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »

It saddens me to see WV drift farther and father away from the Democratic party, as it's clearly based on cultural issues. Still, it would behoove Dems not to ridicule WV. Yes, it's poor. Yes, it's conservative. Yes, it's more isolated. But all of the focus on WV being "racist" I think is misplaced. They still gave a larger percent of white support to Obama than almost any other Southern state. At 42%, the white vote for Obama there was higher than NC, VA and tied with FL.

I think it's ridiculous for West Virginians, many of whom are Union members, to continue to shift to the party that thinks Unions destroy capitalism. But the ridicule West Virginians receive from many elites in the Democratic party and on this forum makes me understand the shift.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:55:28 PM »

So Romney owns WV but is loosing ground in Kentucky?

He isn't a great match for either and were Clinton President, he would probably loose them both to her.

No. Just no.

For the 100th time, remember the 90's. If Hillary were president 95+% of the antipathy WV has towards Obama for "eastern establisment liberal", etc, would be foisted just as readily on Clinton. As would unease about the economy.

Hillary trouncing Obama in the WV and KY primaries proves zilch about their general election appeal in either state (not unlike Indiana in 08).

Agreed. Hillary never had and never will have the same connection with those types of voters that Bill had. She might have made WV closer, but down there, the perception of the Democratic party floating away in a sea of liberalism is greater than any Democratic nominee can overcome.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies