Scott Brown: Obamacare beneficiary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:11:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Scott Brown: Obamacare beneficiary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Brown: Obamacare beneficiary  (Read 4404 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: May 03, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »

This is a much bigger issue than the silly furor over Warren and Native Americans. I mean, wasn't Scott Brown elected on part because he said he'd be a vote against Obamacare? That would be like my state's own Orrin Hatch getting elected (and re-elected for six terms) on the idea that the other guy has been in Washington too long. Oh wait...

How is this any different than Obama paying the 35% tax rate instead of voluntarily applying the 39.6% rate (and the "Buffett rule") to himself?  Even if this story were true (pretty sure the congressional health care plan offered extended coverage to children beforehand), it doesn't imply actual dishonesty the way Warren acted.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:08:01 PM »

This is a much bigger issue than the silly furor over Warren and Native Americans. I mean, wasn't Scott Brown elected on part because he said he'd be a vote against Obamacare? That would be like my state's own Orrin Hatch getting elected (and re-elected for six terms) on the idea that the other guy has been in Washington too long. Oh wait...

How is this any different than Obama paying the 35% tax rate instead of voluntarily applying the 39.6% rate (and the "Buffett rule") to himself?  Even if this story were true (pretty sure the congressional health care plan offered extended coverage to children beforehand), it doesn't imply actual dishonesty the way Warren acted.

So it is fine for Scott Brown's adult daughter to have her health insurance covered on the government dime, but not for most Americans?

No, I don't believe that Ayla Brown should be covered under the government or anyone else who does not want to pay's dime, but that isn't the issue here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nope, no more than someone who opposes tax cuts taking advantage of them (like I suggested) or someone who thinks the post office should be privatized mailing a letter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies