"Obama was elected because he was black, McCain was 142 years old!" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:25:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Obama was elected because he was black, McCain was 142 years old!" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Obama was elected because he was black, McCain was 142 years old!"  (Read 2757 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:42 AM »

It's debatable whether Obama gained anything from being black against McCain (I'd lean towards it essentially having no effect, with racism and energized black voters canceling out) and it's probably true he would have won anyway.

However, I think it is extremely clear that he would not have been the nominee had he been white. It's hard to forget that Bill Clinton used to be called the first black president. Clinton would probably have won the majority of the black vote against "white Obama" as well as still getting most of the rural whites. I don't really see a credible coalition for Obama to stop Hillary with without him having the black vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies