Innovation & Reformation PAC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:40:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Innovation & Reformation PAC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Innovation & Reformation PAC  (Read 1132 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: June 02, 2012, 12:02:32 AM »
« edited: June 02, 2012, 12:04:35 AM by Governor Napoleon »

PAC- I started the PAC trend so I am entitled to their support. Tongue

Seriously though:
Activity: I will be an active President as I have been in the other positions I have served as. 20RP12 supporters can count on me to keep Atlasians wheels turning.
Personal freedoms: I have always supported personal freedoms and civil liberties. I believe someone with libertarian leanings would be able to be more comfortable with a Napoleon presidency than any of my opponents.
Foreign policy: I didn't just support ending the wars, I fought against obstacles to make sure that the End to Imperialism Act could be passed with meaningful text. I will have a set of foreign policy priorities. I introduced a second foreign policy slot for the Senate but i think it has since been repealed unfortunately.

I could go on forever so I will stop here, though I am glad to answer any questions asked of me.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »

I'm not a hawk, by any means, but I don't believe in the almost reckless foreign policy a certain axis in the Senate has tended to support.

Ummmm........that certain axis was 7 out of 10 Senators. Atlasia is much better off now that we are not involved in conflicts with these nations.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »

I'm not a hawk, by any means, but I don't believe in the almost reckless foreign policy a certain axis in the Senate has tended to support.

Ummmm........that certain axis was 7 out of 10 Senators. Atlasia is much better off now that we are not involved in conflicts with these nations.

I agree with you that we're better off. My point was - and I brought this up at the time - that the legislation was unnecessary given that the administration had already implemented a timetable for withdrawal.

Your point is not valid. The President may be Commander in Chief but that does not entitle the executive branch to exclusive authority over foreign policy. The Senate plays a part in the process and to ignore the Senate's role would be in fact, counterproductive. Thankfully President Polnut was willing to work with the Senate and we had a national conversation about the future of our nation.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »

You don't show your hand before the chips are down Oakvale.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies