Presidential Election Predictions for your home state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Presidential Election Predictions for your home state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Election Predictions for your home state  (Read 8325 times)
Reginald
« on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:38 AM »

I'll go with somewhere in this range.

As for OK, I think Bushie's a bit optimistic for Obama; while I do think a mild D swing is possible, 38% is maybe his ceiling. And I don't think Romney sweeping every county is that far-fetched either.

Virtually everyone in my large family lives in Texas -- scattered all over the state.  The only exceptions are me (in Florida) and one of my brothers who lives in California.  From what I've seen over the years, Texans rarely realize just how much it sucks outside of Texas.  One big clue:  All the people who are flooding to Texas from failed states in the Midwest, Northeast and the far West.

Texas isn't a poor state -- though obviously it hasn't the rich resources of California.  What it is is the last hope and refuge of large numbers of poor people who accept the miserable climate and ugly scenery of Texas because they can't afford to live where the weather and topography are nice but collectivists rule.

The great thing is that these newcomers usually become "more Texan than the Texans" because, unlike most American states, Texas actually has an attractive culture.

You sure it's not a bit more than that?
Reginald
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »

How it have an attractive culture, when most of the state lives in poverty?

I agree with you that Texas's culture leaves a bit to be desired, but this is a tad hyperbolic (and I don't really see how these are mutually exclusive, but I digress).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies