Canada: One-Year Anniversary of Conservative Take-Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:48:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada: One-Year Anniversary of Conservative Take-Over (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada: One-Year Anniversary of Conservative Take-Over  (Read 1217 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« on: May 02, 2012, 07:01:44 AM »

I have a few disappointments- mostly in the government. This year has so far been marked by an unending string of banana peels and Harper failing to use the deep bench of Cabinet talent (plus a Cabinet twice as large as it should be) effectively. For the opposition, I'm just deeply disappointed that this alignment is probably permanent.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »

The person who pleasantly surprised me the most in Cabinet this past year was John Baird, of all people. For the Dippers, most promising frosh are Boulerice and Laverdiere.

Grits: Did pretty well, but Tom Mulcair's election is probably the final nail in your coffin.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »

I like Leslie a lot (in fact, I'll tip her as the next non-Tory PM assuming this alignment is permanent) but she's a sophomore, not frosh. For the Liberals, their most promising personalities are, IMO, Brison, Hsu, Lamoureux, Trudeau.

Agreed on Clement but not MacKay. Harper wants to make him politically radioactive rather than go through the hassle of removing him and causing a media sh**tstorm.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies