Sleazy Aduterous dating site offers $1M for proof Tim Tebow not a virgin.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:50:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Sleazy Aduterous dating site offers $1M for proof Tim Tebow not a virgin.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sleazy Aduterous dating site offers $1M for proof Tim Tebow not a virgin.  (Read 4796 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/tim-tebow-virginity-ashleymadison-1-million_n_1452912.html

they can't stand the fact Tim Tebow is claiming to be a virgin.  instead, they want to deceive themselves into thinking "everyone is doing it"

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:24:48 PM »

It's more a case of Ashley Madison being upset with the NFL as a whole than with Tebow in particular. as they keep trying to associate themselves with the NFL and the NFL keeps saying they want nothing to do with them.  That said, it is understandable why AM would go after Tebow.  He exemplifies what the NFL would like the fans to believe all their players are like, when in truth few are.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 01:39:32 PM »

It's more a case of Ashley Madison being upset with the NFL as a whole than with Tebow in particular. as they keep trying to associate themselves with the NFL and the NFL keeps saying they want nothing to do with them.  That said, it is understandable why AM would go after Tebow.  He exemplifies what the NFL would like the fans to believe all their players are like, when in truth few are.

Brother of Derek, any fool can see AM is primarily attacking Tebow because of his moral stance...which is why they are offerring any of Tebow's possible lovers, past present or future, $1M to undermine his witness of Jesus Christ.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 03:30:18 PM »

Brother of Derek, any fool can see AM is primarily attacking Tebow because of his moral stance...which is why they are offering any of Tebow's possible lovers, past present or future, $1M to undermine his witness of Jesus Christ.

No, it's a secondary motivation for AM, not a primary motivation.  If he weren't in the NFL, AM wouldn't care about him.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 03:32:12 PM »

Brother of Derek, any fool can see AM is primarily attacking Tebow because of his moral stance...which is why they are offering any of Tebow's possible lovers, past present or future, $1M to undermine his witness of Jesus Christ.

No, it's a secondary motivation for AM, not a primary motivation.  If he weren't in the NFL, AM wouldn't care about him.
  ok, has AM gone after any NFL players, other than Tebow?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 03:48:13 PM »

Tebow has denied the rumors that he is dating Taylor Swift and/or Katy Perry.

http://www.eonline.com/news/tim_tebow_denies_katy_perry_taylor/309047
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 03:56:09 PM »

ok...it has to be brought up: I know Tebow is pro-life, but what is his opinion of the whole homosexual thingy?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »

ok, has AM gone after any NFL players, other than Tebow?

Not that I know of, but all I am arguing is that AM's primary consideration for targeting Tebow is that he is an NFL player.  That he the NFL player with the biggest rep as a goody two-shoes only makes him the NFL player they are targeting.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »

Wouldn't NFL not want to have  a goody-two shoes image anyway in order to be more marketable?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 05:53:28 PM »

ok...it has to be brought up: I know Tebow is pro-life, but what is his opinion of the whole homosexual thingy?

He loves it.  In the locker room, in the shower, etc.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »

Wouldn't NFL not want to have a goody-two shoes image anyway in order to be more marketable?

Yes, but despite that desire on the part of the league, not all NFL players have that image.  The image of an average NFL player is better than that of an average NBA player, but you still have people like Plaxico Burress and Ben Roethlisberger that are NFL players.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »

Good for them.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 07:20:44 PM »

These people seriously need to get a life.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »

Wouldn't NFL not want to have a goody-two shoes image anyway in order to be more marketable?

Yes, but despite that desire on the part of the league, not all NFL players have that image.  The image of an average NFL player is better than that of an average NBA player, but you still have people like Plaxico Burress and Ben Roethlisberger that are NFL players.
So NFL would benefit if a "moderate" scandal came out about Tebow(not something like Michael Vick).
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »

So NFL would benefit if a "moderate" scandal came out about Tebow(not something like Michael Vick).

Sorry, I misread you.  The NFL wants a goody-two shoes image.  The league wishes more players were like Tebow, not fewer.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 08:23:25 PM »

they can't stand the fact Tim Tebow is claiming to be a virgin.  instead, they want to deceive themselves into thinking "everyone is doing it"

Surely we can all agree that loads of people aren't doing it - the very unattractive, awkward, or shy might be likely candidates, but mainly the old.  And this impotence awaits us all, jmfcst.  I for one want to enjoy the apparatus while it still functions.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 08:44:09 PM »

Yes, but despite that desire on the part of the league, not all NFL players have that image.  The image of an average NFL player is better than that of an average NBA player, but you still have people like Plaxico Burress and Ben Roethlisberger that are NFL players.

Sorry, I misread you.  The NFL wants a goody-two shoes image.  The league wishes more players were like Tebow, not fewer.
Why is that? I thought baseball took up that spot as the traditional American sport. I would think there is not a lot of room in the market for that image, more for the other.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »

Who cares? How is this something worth getting worked up about? Is it fear of a successful endeavor for these people? Or just outrage at the concept of young people forking?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 09:25:57 PM »

Who cares? How is this something worth getting worked up about? Is it fear of a successful endeavor for these people? Or just outrage at the concept of young people forking?

Fear of it being successful is exactly why people are upset about it.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »

Why is that? I thought baseball took up that spot as the traditional American sport. I would think there is not a lot of room in the market for that image, more for the other.

The two markets the NFL wants to bust in on are the MLB and NCAA Football in their quest to become the only sport on TV. Both those markets use the all-American theme ad-nauseum so that's the angle the NFL wants to take under Commissioner Moneybags. That's also why they're so excessive about making sure tackles aren't too mean and players are nice.

Fear of it being successful is exactly why people are upset about it.

Of course, people just refuse to be honest with themselves in a conversation about their own issues with that dirty, dirty S word that NO ONE must partake in because it's just repulsive...it just happens to feel glorious and have absolutely nothing to do with anyone but the people doing it.

I for one could not care a single iota less about Tim effing Tebow playing "football", much less having sex.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »

They have a million dollars to throw around on something like this. I think they are living life just fine thank you very much.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »

I guess these people want to ruin the credibility of the best role model to come along in sports in a generation...
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 10:36:42 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2012, 10:44:10 PM by PhilthyPhezzy »

I guess these people want to ruin the credibility of the best role model to come along in sports in a generation...

How is he a good role model? "Leaning on my faith means I don't have to be good at my job!"

As opposed to players like Brian Dawkins who quietly and respectfully channeled their faith for the benefit of their own play, their team, and their city. Or LeBron James, who raised $2 million for the Boys and Girls Club. Sports "role models" are an invention we use to further our favorites' reputations. There are tons of unpopular heroes and glorified assholes. It's all marketing.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 10:45:09 PM »

How is he a good role model? "Leaning on my faith means I don't have to be good at my job!"

Even if one considers him a good role model, what makes him a better role model than Kurt Warner or Philip Rivers or any of those evangelical types you see in football, to someone who takes that point of view (I certainly don't)? Tebow is all hype and marketing. He is popular because he isn't very good. Other football players are as religious or more religious.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »

Yeah... And so does jmfcst.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies