Sleazy Aduterous dating site offers $1M for proof Tim Tebow not a virgin. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:37:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Sleazy Aduterous dating site offers $1M for proof Tim Tebow not a virgin. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sleazy Aduterous dating site offers $1M for proof Tim Tebow not a virgin.  (Read 4851 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 02, 2012, 01:24:48 PM »

It's more a case of Ashley Madison being upset with the NFL as a whole than with Tebow in particular. as they keep trying to associate themselves with the NFL and the NFL keeps saying they want nothing to do with them.  That said, it is understandable why AM would go after Tebow.  He exemplifies what the NFL would like the fans to believe all their players are like, when in truth few are.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:30:18 PM »

It's more a case of Ashley Madison being upset with the NFL as a whole than with Tebow in particular. as they keep trying to associate themselves with the NFL and the NFL keeps saying they want nothing to do with them.  That said, it is understandable why AM would go after Tebow.  He exemplifies what the NFL would like the fans to believe all their players are like, when in truth few are.

Brother of Derek, any fool can see AM is primarily attacking Tebow because of his moral stance...which is why they are offering any of Tebow's possible lovers, past present or future, $1M to undermine his witness of Jesus Christ.

No, it's a secondary motivation for AM, not a primary motivation.  If he weren't in the NFL, AM wouldn't care about him.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »

Brother of Derek, any fool can see AM is primarily attacking Tebow because of his moral stance...which is why they are offering any of Tebow's possible lovers, past present or future, $1M to undermine his witness of Jesus Christ.

No, it's a secondary motivation for AM, not a primary motivation.  If he weren't in the NFL, AM wouldn't care about him.
  ok, has AM gone after any NFL players, other than Tebow?

Not that I know of, but all I am arguing is that AM's primary consideration for targeting Tebow is that he is an NFL player.  That he the NFL player with the biggest rep as a goody two-shoes only makes him the NFL player they are targeting.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »

Wouldn't NFL not want to have a goody-two shoes image anyway in order to be more marketable?

Yes, but despite that desire on the part of the league, not all NFL players have that image.  The image of an average NFL player is better than that of an average NBA player, but you still have people like Plaxico Burress and Ben Roethlisberger that are NFL players.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »

Wouldn't NFL not want to have a goody-two shoes image anyway in order to be more marketable?

Yes, but despite that desire on the part of the league, not all NFL players have that image.  The image of an average NFL player is better than that of an average NBA player, but you still have people like Plaxico Burress and Ben Roethlisberger that are NFL players.
So NFL would benefit if a "moderate" scandal came out about Tebow(not something like Michael Vick).

Sorry, I misread you.  The NFL wants a goody-two shoes image.  The league wishes more players were like Tebow, not fewer.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »

Sorry, I misread you.  The NFL wants a goody-two shoes image.  The league wishes more players were like Tebow, not fewer.
Why is that? I thought baseball took up that spot as the traditional American sport. I would think there is not a lot of room in the market for that image, more for the other.

Baseball is living off of past glory, and it has long ceased to be the number one American sport.  Gridiron is number one, basketball is number two, with baseball fallen to number three, tho MLB can still be considered to be the number two pro sport.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 03:07:38 PM »

Sorry, I misread you.  The NFL wants a goody-two shoes image.  The league wishes more players were like Tebow, not fewer.
Why is that? I thought baseball took up that spot as the traditional American sport. I would think there is not a lot of room in the market for that image, more for the other.

Baseball is living off of past glory, and it has long ceased to be the number one American sport.  Gridiron is number one, basketball is number two, with baseball fallen to number three, tho MLB can still be considered to be the number two pro sport.
Do you think it will be #4 behind NHL eventually?

The MLS will more likely be #4 than the NHL is.

Ice hockey is limited by climate, even without the effects of climate change.  There is no chance of ice hockey in the south ever being more than a niche youth sport for the kids of well-off nostalgic parents from colder climes.  I'd put soccer as the number four team sport right now, though the NHL is more important than MLS.  That said, if soccer rises to the point of being more important than baseball is, it'll be because of baseball's collapse, not soccer's rise.  Things would have to change considerably for pro-level soccer to rise above the status of a mid-major because the way in which pro sports in this country is organized is so different from the relegation/promotion paradigm used elsewhere.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies