Campaign Office - Maxwell for IDS Senate (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:29:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign Office - Maxwell for IDS Senate (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Campaign Office - Maxwell for IDS Senate (The End)  (Read 1837 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 02:31:36 PM »

Health Care - An advocate for a freer system

We're still in Dallas, Texas, and boy, are we experiencing the heat. That's the southern air we learn to deal with and thrive on. I remember as a youngin always dreading the sun, but I've grown to accept the weather and thrive under hostile temperatures. This has nothing to do with what I want to talk about with you today, I just felt like it was something to say.

With Atlasian healthcare, we have the opportunity to turn our Healthcare state into one with options and one that allows the people to do what they will with their healthcare. Instead of the big healthcare state, which has continued to suck money from our budgets and still leave care unsatisfactory, reform, pushed by Riley Keaton and the Federalist Party is a step in the right direction. I will be a vote for healthcare reform in the right direction, as I will not be backing the healthcare status quo.

Back when I was running for Vice President, I offered some reforms to the original system, and thought it wasn't possible to push the kind of reform that is being pushed, but thankfully we are seeing more voices wanting change in the system, and that is an area where I will be proudly standing with the residents of The South. Healthcare choices should be between you and your doctor, not the Federal Government!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2014, 09:55:51 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2014, 10:22:26 AM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

At the end of today, the campaign will release a statement/another part of our platform, so be ready.
Hamster
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »

At the end of today, the campaign will release a statement/another part of our platform, so be ready.
I'm ready.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 07:25:59 PM »

The Environment, Infrastructure, and the election thus far

Montgomery, Alabama - Hello Alabama voters! I want to say that it's great to be here, and I'm aware we are all sweltering, but I know you are all built for it and we can deal.

First I want to talk about my environmental positions - within some context I consider myself an environmental moderate - I support clean air laws, a decent number of regulations, and a serious questioning of the resources we use. That being said, I believe we should be more open-minded about energy resources than we currently are, and when in the Senate, I would push for a bill rolling back some of the more stringent regulatory burdens and leave to the Senate the power of approving future environmental regulations. I think this process needs to be wide open for the Atlasian people, instead of in the shadows as it has tended to be.

Next, I want to talk about infrastructure. Here is an example of an issue I believe should be left to the regions. As Midwest Governor, I tried to privatize the toll road system. That may be a mistake of mine. However, I believe that the regions should be allowed to make their own decisions on their infrastructure without the threat of the federal government.

Finally, I appreciate Senator Yankee returning to the campaign for another run, and our debate is Monday and I hope every single individual in the IDS comes around and sees us debate. I'm not as eloquent as our President Pro Tempore, but I will do my best to display the differences between the Senator and myself.

Thank you to all my supporters thus far, and let's keep this campaign going!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 04:56:53 PM »

IDS Senate Debate Tonight: Get ready to rumble!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »

In the next Althing election, I have a couple of endorsements I want to make as a Former Midwest Governor. When I was Governor, Snowstalker was Senator, and while he was not the best Senator, he was ours and represented Midwest values. He fought this case against the Hate Crimes bill and won, and with that he showed me he can represent the Midwest again. So in a competitive race for Althing, he has my endorsement.

I will endorse Snowstalker, Spamage, and Sol for the election to Althing.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 10:00:49 PM »

Being involved - What should a regional senator do?

I've lost some pretty notable endorsements from my former party and from the Labor Party, and while I respect their decision, I still say that this race must go on! We still have the bold ideas, the new vision, and the fight in our stomachs to get us a Senator who represents you.

Before, I was an At-Large Senator. I was a Senator who represented all of Atlasia. That's why I fought for big broad national issues - I fought against farm subsidies, and I fought to make the space program a targeted and effective machine instead of a thing of the past. I did that because I felt those were in the best interests of the national good. Now I am running for Regional Senator, particularly, Regional Senator of the IDS. What does that mean? That means, I am here to represent the interests of the IDS. Here's what i'd do as IDS Senator:

- Keep close and steady contact with the IDS Legislators and IDS legislation
- Report to the Governor when an amendment passes BEFORE the VP even informs the other Senators
- Keep in mind the views of my constituents when it comes to national legislation
- Fight to keep the rights of the regions within the regions powers.

I will also step down in due time. If elected, I promise to keep myself to, at most, three terms. After three terms, I promise I will leave office and do something else with my life, whether that's retirement, another office, or what have you. Lifelong legislators are unhealthy, they become far too entrenched and I believe the Senate needs a revolving group of legislators.

Finally, to bring up an old point, we can't have just the Attorney General be in charge of the wiki. What that has resulted in is only one Attorney General keeping the updates up since DemPGH, and that one (myself) only did it a little before resigning. We have to learn from our mistakes, and diversify wiki responsibility. I propose we have the Dean of the Senate actually do something - help the Attorney General with this responsibility. If we do that, we may at least have a shot at getting things caught up.

This has been a fun campaign, and let's turn up the heat in these last couple of days!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »

IDS Legislature Campaign Office - Because I have an opponent now

Okay, apparently I have an opponent in the IDS, so I am going to go ahead and open my office for  the IDS Legislator race as well.

Most of the bills passed in this last session are my own. I have been negotiable on the bills that I have worked on, and I will be willing to bring more reform to the IDS. I have lowered gas prices in the Summer and cut spending, I have privatized parts of the IDS Government that shouldn't have been under our jurisdiction, and have made it so our roads are funded differently. I will accomplish more in another session of the IDS Legislature, including, if possible, becoming your speaker.

I wish my opponent Pingvin luck, and let's have an active, if short, campaign!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 06:43:21 PM »

Endorsed for legislature run
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 05:06:50 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2014, 05:10:26 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

Campaign Statement on Iraq

Assuming it does come up in the debate, which it seems it will, I will have a short statement on Iraq here.

I fear that we continue to make the same mistakes of yesteryear. The fact is we continue to act as if we can fix the middle east and it's never been the case. In the 50s we overthrew a Democratic Iran and since then we've been meddling in the Middle East to try to fix our earlier mistakes. We can't keep pretending like we know what we're doing there strategically.

This is a fight between the Sunni's and the Shiite's and putting American lives at risk is the wrong way to go. We should remove all of the remaining troops and bases in the region and not set foot until the people of Iraq stabilize the region on their own.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 11:20:04 PM »

An end to a debate, nearing the end of a campaign

The debate just finished up, and a reminder to all of you to keep up if you missed anything. I think it was substantive, and I think it showed how active of a campaign we had. With nearly every major issue being discussed, I think this campaign will move more toward a GOTV operation.

Thanks again to all of my supporters, we are going to make this race something we haven't seen in years in this region - contentious.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2014, 11:37:57 PM »

Gracious in Victory, Gracious in Defeat

Well, we won and lost tonight. We beat back narrow opposition in our race to return to the IDS Legislature, and congrats to Pingvin to giving me the scare of my life, but we lost in our race to become the Senator of our great region, and North Carolina Yankee put up his strongest fight in a long time, and I congratulate him on his victory, which under most normal standards was a decent margin. I have always made it clear that I appreciate the work the Senator has done for the region, and N.C. Yankee is someone I consider to be an idol for this game, and someone more people should follow. His guiding leadership in the Senate has kept order for such a long time, and another term of it will be good.

I think this campaign accomplished what we wanted it to: we may have lost, but we successfully ran a great campaign and we lit a fire under the butts of IDS voters. No doubt, this would've been boring if it were another incumbent vs. nobody election. I will continue to fight for my limited government beliefs, including reforming our prison system and lowering the number of government offices. I hope citizens voices continue to be heard in the Senate, and that's why this campaign came about - so that the citizens could have a choice.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2014, 11:58:59 PM »

Originally,  Jack982 was going to challenge for your district even before you decided to run again, but he vanished at the beginning of the month. He might have been even "scarier". Wink I hope he returns and runs later on for something.

Anyway it was a good race and I thank you for not making it personal. Smiley I will make a more formal statement in my thread in a bit. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2014, 12:00:22 AM »

Originally,  Jack982 was going to challenge for your district even before you decided to run again, but he vanished at the beginning of the month. He might have been even "scarier". Wink I hope he returns and runs later on for something.

Anyway it was a good race and I thank you for not making it personal. Smiley I will make a more formal statement in my thread in a bit. 

Jack wasn't old enough to be on the forum, so it'll probably be some years before he returns Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 12:02:56 AM »

You ran a really wonderful campaign and I'm pretty happy that the IDS had such a competitive race, especially with a Senator who's served a term nearly as long as an actual Senator. I know Scott must be happy about that!

You have also been an amazing person for the IDS in the local government and I know the region is happy to see you for another term Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 12:04:03 AM »

I will also be retiring Wyche Fowler. It'll be exciting to see the next campaign guy will be Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 12:17:59 AM »

You did really well; as good as IDS Labor ever managed to do against the old coot. If you really want this, then just stick around another four months, make friends with the next few new citizens and work on your zombie outreach. Wink It wouldn't take much.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2014, 12:50:00 AM »

While I did not give you my first preference for the Senate election, Maxwell, I'm very pleased to see your successful reelection to the Legislature and I'm glad you will continue your service there. Smiley

Congratulations on a great campaign.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2014, 02:16:55 AM »

I was really hoping you'd be joining me in the Senate again, but alas, it was not to be. You ran a good campaign and I was glad to have given it my support. Keep up the good work, comrade, and you'll be back in Nyman with us all in no time. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies