Office of Senator Ben (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:56:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Ben (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Ben  (Read 17865 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: June 01, 2012, 12:31:10 AM »

You've done a great job in the Senate and you have my endorsement and full support.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 07:21:43 PM »

TRANSCRIPT OF PRESIDENT POLNUT'S COMMENTS
Indianapolis, Indiana
Monday 11 June 2012

I have known Senator Ben for a long time.

Most obviously, I know him as having served me as Secretary of External Affairs. He served in that role with honour and decency. Very often, as an advocate for the foreign policy of my administration he, at times, was placed in the very difficult situation of advocating my position, instead of one more comfortable to him. I sought his advice, but he always respected that the final decision was mine. When he told me of the opportunity to serve in the Senate, while being sad to lose him, it was something I believe he has worked hard for, for a long time.

We have known him for a long time as a foreign policy wonk, but in his short time in the Senate he has been given the opportunity to shown his depth of knowledge on a number of policy areas. He has sought to find middle ground where competing interests are too firmly fixed on their own goals.

It is this knowledge, commitment and ability to compromise that makes me so comfortable to be here supporting and endorsing my friend today.

The region has changed a lot since I was Governor, this is a much more conservative place, therefore I understand that the party label attached to Ben's opponent might be a difficult thing to ignore. But I just want to say this, as President, I want a Senate I can work with for you, and the same will no doubt go for my successor. That doesn't mean someone who will agree with me, but someone with the ability to compromise and work together toward a positive resolution. I believe in this race, Ben shows that judgement and common-sense. You might not always agree with him, but he will work for your interests in the Atlasian Senate, and he has the right qualities to make sure that happens.

So I urge you to get out there and support Senator Ben, the risks are too great as are the opportunities to let this chance go.

Thank you all...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »

Completely endorsed, we've always had the occasional foreign policy disagreement, but your work and commitment all of these year has earned you this position. The people of the Mideast are lucky to have you.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 11:12:35 PM »

Many congratulations on your re-election Senator!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies