Office of Senator Ben (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:36:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Ben (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Ben  (Read 17934 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: September 11, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »

I disagree.  The national government has a responsibility to ensure freedom for all citizens; it cannot, and should not, allow a region to pass discriminatory legislation.

But this proposal, as I stated earlier, violates the principals of duel federalism and regional sovreginity. That's why Barry Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. To ensure freedom of one group governments often violate the rights of another group. Like allowing abortion violates the rights of that baby in the womb or gay marriage violates the rights of religious institutions to determine who can and who can't marry. Look at what Vanderbelt did kicking the Christian groups out because they only want Christians as leaders in their groups.

Religious institutions do not determine who can and cannot marry, they determine who they shall marry and do not dictate the decrees of other religious or secular groups. Regardless, gay marriage is not recognized by the Atlasian government.

I thought it had been legal in Atlasia since '05?

Under the current law only secular civil unions are legally recognized in Atlasia.

Oh my. That's even worse than I thought.

How disgusting that marriage is not recognised by the government.

You should sign my marriage initiative in the citizen's initiative thread!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:22:45 PM »

And yet, if Griffin does exactly the same work as he is doing now, and exactly the same advocacy as he's doing now, but just sheds his official title, that is somehow acceptable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies