Office of Senator Ben (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:42:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Ben (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Ben  (Read 17805 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 25, 2012, 01:06:51 AM »

Welcome to my victory party!  Thanks to everyone who voted for me and to everyone, in the Mideast and not, who helped me.  JCL, you ran an honest race, and I thank you for that.  Hopefully I can live up to your expectations in the next four months; if I fail, let me know in this thread!

The very difference in the race was 5 individuals who chose you or abstained when their views were much closer to mine. 4 of them I'm quite sure chose you because they chose loyalty to a friend. That is something I do have to give you credit on. Plus you had a massive endorsement edge even among Whigs and other conservatives outside the region. If only both of us could be senators.

Any advice for a future campaign? On how I could communicate my view better
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 02:58:06 PM »

If you haven't, please go vote to ratify the pending Equal Rights Amendment.  Thanks Smiley

Please vote to defeat the equal rights amendment.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 03:36:48 PM »

If you haven't, please go vote to ratify the pending Equal Rights Amendment.  Thanks Smiley

Please vote to pass defeat the equal rights amendment.

I this is enacted, the national government makes further encroachments on our liberties. The regions are best suited to handle social issues not Nyman.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 03:47:11 PM »

It violates the principals of duel federalism and regional sovreginity. For instance if I proposed a traditional marriage amendment this would prevent that. If a region wants to outlaw gay marriage or abortion they should be allowed to without retaliation from the national government.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »

I disagree.  The national government has a responsibility to ensure freedom for all citizens; it cannot, and should not, allow a region to pass discriminatory legislation.

But this proposal, as I stated earlier, violates the principals of duel federalism and regional sovreginity. That's why Barry Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. To ensure freedom of one group governments often violate the rights of another group. Like allowing abortion violates the rights of that baby in the womb or gay marriage violates the rights of religious institutions to determine who can and who can't marry. Look at what Vanderbelt did kicking the Christian groups out because they only want Christians as leaders in their groups.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 04:40:45 PM »

Don't civil unions (which Atlasia does allow) basically allow gay marriage?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »

Why are you so afraid of mentioning one of the evangelical sects by specific name. Just using the perjorative "fundie"  They, or I should say we, go by many names. The Church of God (Anderson, IN) The Church of God (Cleveland, TN) COGIC (Church of God in Christ), The Southern Baptist Convention, The Wesleyan Church (my former sect), the Assemblies of God (my church now) and there's many more where that comes from.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 10:44:01 PM »

So, um, how am I doing guys?  What do y'all think of Marokai's abortion bill, and my amendment?

I echo the sentiments of the pro-life folks in this. Though section 2 should be totally gone. Plus fathers to be should have some say in the matter. Yet I will say its a step in the right direction.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »

So, um, how am I doing guys?  What do y'all think of Marokai's abortion bill, and my amendment?

I am very opposed to the bill and I feel like the amendment made the bill even worse. I don't know why we should restrict a woman's healthcare options. For the most part I agree with the work you are doing in the Senate, but this bill and the Israel treaty in the last Senate session is discouraging.

Should the father's rights also be considered? Yes. You stood on the side of right regarding Israel.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »

Notice how the Atlasian Right has all but disappeared. That has a lot to do with it. When the Whig Vice-Chair resigns when there's no chairman kinda makes it hard to run a center-right party when the left has complete run of Atlasia and they are fairly united even there is two left wing parties (Liberals and Labor) the Center has two parties (IB and the People's Party).

If the Atlasian Right would have some perserverance, the left would actually show some respect for us. We can have the days of a center-right President again.

Now Atlasia understands why dissolution was an utter failure.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 04:51:15 PM »

I will oppose any extension of gambling in the Internet. Sorry Smiley

Can the regions make that determination for themselves? Personally, I'd also have to disagree with further expansion of online gambling. We have enough problems with traditional gambling as it is.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 01:16:58 AM »

Good race Ben.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »

The People stood strong and sent you back to the Senate! Congratulations!

We not only keep a great senator, but we stopped the forces of fascism!

There were no facists in this race Franzi. You had a liberal, a paleoconservative, and a laborite. Do I see any fascists? Nope.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies