Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 12, 2018, 08:09:27 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2018 predictions for US Senate are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  This is ridiculous (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: This is ridiculous  (Read 9905 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »

I have no real opinion one way or another on the general notion of cracking down on unfair bullying of religious folks, or mormons specifically, on this forum but how oversensitive the moderation gets taken can be absurd. That post clearly shouldn't have been infracted. (And I would go so far as to suggest that if that post was made by any other poster it probably wouldn't have been infracted, given how obvious Lief has been singled out specifically by certain mods over this weirdly random anti anti-mormon crusade.)

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 04:31:51 pm »

So here we have mods admitting they shouldn't have given infraction points but refuse to revoke them for no logical reason at all. Yes it's so nice that this system works so well and is being taken seriously by those responsible for it. Roll Eyes

This just proves how the whole thing is a total joke.

I don't even have words for it at this point. How do you responsibly criticize a system when the moderator in question is openly acting like a goofy idiot, as if doing something completely ridiculous and unjustifiable with a smile then makes it okay.

Not all decisions need an explanation. A very small minority of them do, in fact. But of decisions that do need some sort of walk-through on how the decision was made, a serious effort should actually be made to do so. It's not that much to ask for at all.

I appreciate muon's contribution above, and he's right. Raising the question of mormonism being racist is one thing. Arguing that it is is one thing. Snidely saying all mormons are racist in short comments in multiple threads, that's absolutely another and that should be infracted. But Lief's original issue in this thread was not about calling mormonism racist and then trotting on to another thread. He called the book of mormon racist and stated that he could understand why people would say that mormons are racist, considering what's in the Book of Mormon. That's not "hateful" and should almost certainly not be infractable.

Moreover I don't understand the weirdly random and arbitrary nature of this entire "anti-anti-mormon" crusade. But that's best left for another day. The only thing that's pissing me off here is what I once said in another thread on this particular board a long time ago. Moderators have become so used to bad criticism, that when they get asked important questions, the only thing they can do is respond as if it's trolling even when it's not.

I'm not trying to change the world here, I'm not crying foul over the whole system, I'm not screaming fascism, starting petitions, and demanding half of the Mod Squad's resignation. But a little explanation and a little consistency. That'd be good.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout