SENATE BILL: The Atlasian Mountaintop Removal Ban Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:26:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Atlasian Mountaintop Removal Ban Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Atlasian Mountaintop Removal Ban Act (Law'd)  (Read 9228 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: May 08, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »

Does MTR lead to the same respiratory hazards as underground mining for workers? It would seem safer to me than sending people underground.

I would think this impacts the communities surrounding the mine in addition to the miners themselves. And it's not just air quality, but also the runoff from these mines going into the water supply. Blowing up mountains will also change the hydrography of the area, possibly making it more susceptible to flooding. And lastly it completely ruins one of the more beautiful areas in America. Traditional mining does not do that. Imagine if miners in the west had blown up mountains in the 1800s while extracting minerals. Some of the most beautiful places on this planet would have been destroyed and not preserved for future generations. Should we not preserve the Appalachians for future generations to enjoy as well?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies