Is Obama more popular than he ought to be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:59:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Obama more popular than he ought to be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Obama more popular than he ought to be?  (Read 4032 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 06, 2012, 09:22:28 AM »

No doubt.

The fact that Carter and Bush were so easily kicked out during even a mild recovering recession such as in 1992 shows that it's become quite hard to defeat incumbent Presidents.

Only two people I've spoken to in the last year or so have stated they plan on voting for Obama again, all the others have switched. Younger people I know, four of them off the top of my head are first time voters who told me they're voting for Romney. (They openly asked me who I was voting for and said they were voting Romney before I even mentioned his name)

But somewhere there is a large base of Obama voters, aside from African Americans and Hispanics. I'm not sure if it's women or union workers, but something isn't adding up.

I have a sneaking suspicion that come the end of the Conventions in September, Mitt Romney's chances may be significantly increased. The fact that he is even as strong as he is now is a very strong showing for him.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »

What's funny is that I like Bill Clinton's personality but didn't care much for his politics.

With Obama, he's done some things I agree with (not closing GITMO, being opposed to same sex marriage, assassinating bin laden in a sovereign foreign country, ect) but it's his personality that turns me off.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies