My take on Zimmerman and the liberal media (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:04:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  My take on Zimmerman and the liberal media (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My take on Zimmerman and the liberal media  (Read 2550 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 04, 2012, 10:42:34 AM »
« edited: May 04, 2012, 10:49:43 AM by Reaganfan »

I've been avoiding two very divisive topics of discussion in America over the last two months or so. These topics are the Treyvon Martin case, and the GOP "War on Women". Also included in this discussion has been an erroneous idea ( http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/lets-just-say-it-the-republicans-are-the-problem/2012/04/27/gIQAxCVUlT_story.html ) that Republicans are the reason why American politics has become so discordant.

The narratives in American politics have been that the Republican Party is so extreme that we conservatives are the reason for the gridlock and political discord in America. This is so blatantly obvious not to be the case and I will go through a number of examples to demonstrate my point.

I'd like to address the Treyvon Martin case. The reactionary attitude of conservatives sometimes comes across pretty hard hitting and certainly politically incorrect. Indeed, a recent poll on political correctness highlights that people who share my mindset represent an overwhelming majority. Indeed, here are the results of recent polling on society and race issues.

Is political correctness in America a serious problem?

Yes: 79%
No: 16%

Is profiling necessary in today’s society?

Yes: 60%
No: 27%

Should there be tougher prosecution for hate crime suspects? A new low: Only 39% believe there should be.

Is society fair and decent?

Yes: 60%
No: 28%

Are American Muslims treated unfairly?

No: 63%
Yes: 17%

Those are very striking polls. Those polls basically say that the overwhelming majority of Americans agree that political correctness is a problem. This result alone dismisses the unjust charges against George Zimmerman. There was no premeditation, no way this was anything near second-degree murder, and if you always say "the law should win", well...guess what? The law is on George Zimmerman's side.

If you see the shooting as a case of racial profiling, only 27% are with you. If you see this case as unfair, well only 28% are with you. If you think that it was a hate crime (which it was not), then guess what? Only a minority of 39% believe there should even be tougher penalties if it had been.

Now of course, I'm using individual polls which are just samples of the American mindset, but nonetheless, I've proved a pivotal point.

If the media was correct, which they are not (see NBC's edited 911 call of Zimmerman for example of blatant media bias), then even so...only 17-39% of Americans share a similar type of mindset. That's a low number. That's a significant minority of Americans. Yet, the media and liberals want to make it seem as if the entire country feels this way and that the majority of people, in some cases a large majority of people, don't represent the actual mood of the nation when in fact, it's the opposite.

The media and now even the President have made it seem as though George Zimmerman was the bad guy and that it was unjustified, unlawful and unfair. In reality, it looks as though under Florida law it very well may have been justified, it was lawful and if you think society is unfair, only 28% agree with you. That's a losing issue for liberals. But the media makes you think that it's the opposite. If you listen to the media, they make it seem as though 60% think society is unfair when it's actually 60% that think society is fair. See what I mean?

Don't believe the media.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:15:40 AM »

We laugh and amuse ourselves at this little "heartland conservative" minstrel show, but it's pretty terrifying that Naso is just one of tens of millions of Americans who, through the education system, the media and cultural institutions, have been systemically brainwashed to think like this.

I refute the claim that I am a racist. Nowhere in this post did I say anything racist.

Do you know how many people I meet and even know well today, who are construction workers, members of the AFL-CIO, live and work in the Cleveland area suburbs and are openly racist? If you think I am racist, you're sorely mistaken. I know people who will bad mouth George Bush, talk about how they're union members and Democrats, and yet the thing that boils there blood more than politics, is discussing black people. I hear things like, "Yeah I wasn't raising my kids in Cleveland, with how bad it's become" or something like, "Don't go to this city anymore, it's gotta really bad if you know what I mean" wink, wink, nod, nod.

Do you know how many Obama voters I know just off the top of my head who openly dislike black people and who openly are against gay marriage? How many Obama voters who agree with Reaganfan on almost every issue but tell me they're Democrats? Yet they will likely vote for Obama again this year.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 10:39:16 PM »

Naso, I never said you're racist, that wasn't the point of my post at all. But you should familiarize yourself with the quote, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

I haven't read Romeo and Juliet since Jr. High, although we did watch the movie.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/october_2011/79_see_political_correctness_as_serious_problem_in_america
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/october_2011/64_say_u_s_society_fair_and_decent
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:01:25 PM »

Naso, I never said you're racist, that wasn't the point of my post at all. But you should familiarize yourself with the quote, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

I haven't read Romeo and Juliet since Jr. High, although we did watch the movie.
It is actually from Hamlet (Act III, scene II,), spoken by Queen Gertrude. I would advise you also to familiarize yourself with the quote, "I say there is no darkness but ignorance."

I would advise you to familiarize yourself with the quote, "Go ahead, make my day." Spoken by Harry Callahan in 1983.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies