My take on Zimmerman and the liberal media (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:20:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  My take on Zimmerman and the liberal media (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My take on Zimmerman and the liberal media  (Read 2585 times)
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

« on: May 04, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »

Is political correctness in America a serious problem?

Yes: 79%
No: 16%
The word "political correctness" may be unpopular, but on most of the issues it has won. Most significantly the collapse of homophobia(hell, recent polls even show a majority of Americans supporting gay marriage), opposition to interracial marriages, opposition to to women defying traditional gender roles(see here:http://www.diversitybestpractices.com/news-articles/allstate-poll-explores-americans-opinions-changing-gender-roles-economy-workplace-and-), etc. Better yet this collapse is most extensive among the youth.

Just compare the society of today to the society of the 1950s.

Most importantly we've won the "on the ground" battle. America is increasingly diverse(the most recently born babies being predominantly nonwhite), marriage rates and church attendance rates are declining and the internet has enabled the rise and freedom of subcultures to a degree unimaginable decades ago.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Source?

Source? This surprises me given recent polls showing majority support for extending hate crime laws to protect homosexuals

Source?

Overwhelming majority also think that the rich should pay higher taxes and that income inequality is a problem. I recall the overwhelming majority favouring a public option, an emphasis on job creation rather then deficit reduction.

Come on mate, nation polls have no relevance to legal judgements by courts. You know this.

The bolded is a particularly stupid assertion. 60%(according to your poll) think society is fair and decent overall. That is hardly a reflection on this particular case. I don't think any sane person on either side of the argument would use the adjective "fair" to describe this case, including you.

I certainly agree with this. Always think for yourself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies