Gary Johnson wins the Libertarian Nomination (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:47:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Gary Johnson wins the Libertarian Nomination (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gary Johnson wins the Libertarian Nomination  (Read 5394 times)
Reluctant Republican

« on: May 05, 2012, 01:33:38 PM »

Chair of NH is hot, I admit. Smiley
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »

Well, nice to know Libertarians have some minority representation.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »

Who voted for Root? I'd love to know if that was meant as a joke or a protest.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 01:51:43 PM »

Hey, the Survivor guy. How's he doing in the polls? Hope he gets in the double digits.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:01:56 PM »

I'm a bit surprised both of Governor Johnson's parents are still alive. Good for them, and him.

I'll probably end up voting for him, unless Americans Elect somehow gets a good ticket together.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 02:05:01 PM »

I'm a bit surprised both of Governor Johnson's parents are still alive. Good for them, and him.

I'll probably end up voting for him, unless Americans Elect somehow gets a good ticket together.

Sad

Sorry! I'm glad you feel you can support Romney, but I can't in good conscience. Maybe the GOP will nominate someone I like better in 2016.

But if Romney wins Pa, we know who to thank. Smiley 
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 11:50:20 PM »

I don't think Johnson or Gray honestly believe they're going to win. I recall the Badnarik campaign in 04 used similar rhetoric. "We were never expected to win the nomination, so if we can do this, we can win the general!" They really had  a lot of us believing that we were going to win for a few weeks, because they said they were going to hire  a media firm that would get them on all the major news shows,and that would lead to a surging of support. naive as I was, I believed it, but so did many others. The point is, that kind of talk is sort of a rally cry. People like to back candidates that say they can do more then get .5 of the vote.

Johnson and Gray's main goal seems to be getting into the debates, which I think is far fetched at best. But it's a powerful motivator. If it did happen, that would be a game changer, and activists know that. It's really do or die time. If Libertarians can't poll more then .05 with this ticket, they probably never will. Wrights goal of getting a million votes is more attainable, but that seems less exciting, and it's harder to measure the progress towards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies