Gay Marriage Bill To Be Introduced In Rhode Island (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:28:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gay Marriage Bill To Be Introduced In Rhode Island (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay Marriage Bill To Be Introduced In Rhode Island  (Read 1853 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 13, 2012, 12:03:57 AM »

California should just have its own category of California.
Let's see. Domestic partnerships, plus 18,000 gay marriages from June until November 2008 before gay marriage was banned, and then struck down, with that ruling stayed by the same court, and appealed.

There is a Proposition in the signature gathering stage to overturn Prop. 8, but I haven't heard anything about it, and they'd have to turn in 800,000 or so signatures by Monday, so I don't think it's happening.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:08:14 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2012, 12:10:09 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

I think the next four states to pass it legislatively will be: Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, and Rhode Island.

These four lack an existing state constitutional ban, have majority (in fact I think supermajority in all save IL) Democratic state legislatures, and have Governors in support.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-gay-marriage-illinois-20120511,0,6442168.story

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also Minnesota is likely too if the 2012 constitutional ban fails.

Hawaii and Rhode Island legalized civil unions last year, which was rather underwhelming given their lack of Republicans, to say the least. Were I in one of those state legislatures, I would have voted nay because of how lame it was.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies