Romney begins courting Hispanic voters in key battlegrounds (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:23:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney begins courting Hispanic voters in key battlegrounds (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney begins courting Hispanic voters in key battlegrounds  (Read 2718 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 05, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »

I loled
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »

No, not exactly. It is just that the math happens this time to get Mittens to 270 without many of the Hispanics on board. AZ probably will not flip if Mittens gets but say 25% of the Hispanic vote in AZ (he probably will get 30% because an unusually high percentage of AZ Hispanics are Evangelical Protestant, and thus more conservative in voting habits than average), but yes, that makes the state more in play than normal, but the odds are very high that AZ will not be the pivot point, and the current polls reflect that. AZ still has a GOP lean vis a vis the nation. 
Most Hispanics are not Evangelical Protestant in AZ, they're no different from CA Hispanics, they're of the same stock. They're not going to vote any different much from each other.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »

No, not exactly. It is just that the math happens this time to get Mittens to 270 without many of the Hispanics on board. AZ probably will not flip if Mittens gets but say 25% of the Hispanic vote in AZ (he probably will get 30% because an unusually high percentage of AZ Hispanics are Evangelical Protestant, and thus more conservative in voting habits than average), but yes, that makes the state more in play than normal, but the odds are very high that AZ will not be the pivot point, and the current polls reflect that. AZ still has a GOP lean vis a vis the nation. 
Most Hispanics are not Evangelical Protestant in AZ, they're no different from CA Hispanics, they're of the same stock. They're not going to vote any different much from each other.

Well in 2008 the exit polls (I just looked them up) had the Hispanic split at 56-41 in AZ, and 74-23 in CA for Obama, and while 5 points of that may by the homeboy factor in AZ, the rest really isn't.

Welcome to the forum by the way. I hope you are enjoying it.

Hey thanks, but sadly I'm not enjoying it too much, I should be studying for finals right now.

But I have to a lot of that has to do with the favorite son factor, NOT 5 point of it, plus a lot of Hispanics did not react well the AZ immigration law, so a lot of them would feel even more extremely alienated by the GOP a lot more regardless.

I think I've read that only 25% of AZ Hispanics are Evangelical, that's not really much,
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:16:12 PM »

Well in 2008 the exit polls (I just looked them up) had the Hispanic split at 56-41 in AZ, and 74-23 in CA for Obama, and while 5 points of that may by the homeboy factor in AZ, the rest really isn't.

Welcome to the forum by the way. I hope you are enjoying it.

Hey thanks, but sadly I'm not enjoying it too much, I should be studying for finals right now.

But I have to a lot of that has to do with the favorite son factor, NOT 5 point of it, plus a lot of Hispanics did not react well the AZ immigration law, so a lot of them would feel even more extremely alienated by the GOP a lot more regardless.

I think I've read that only 25% of AZ Hispanics are Evangelical, that's not really much, perhaps on average with the rest of the country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies