Is Mitt Romney a pathological liar? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:54:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Mitt Romney a pathological liar? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Mitt Romney a pathological liar?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Is Mitt Romney a pathological liar?  (Read 3256 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

« on: May 06, 2012, 04:15:49 PM »

No, but he is convinced that the average voter is an ignorant moron with the attention span of a goldfish.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:25:15 PM »

Oh, Simfan. Ever the shameless elitist, aren't we?
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2012, 12:26:46 AM by Averroës Nix »

Substantively, I agree with you, Simfan. The ordinary voter is ignorant, mostly disinterested, and occasionally blinded with prejudiced. But this doesn't make him or her an idiot. Romney's problem is that he acts like that's what the average voter is to him, and it's obvious.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »

Meh, I don't think that campaigns or candidates matter much in the general, which is why I've posted only infrequently on the 2012 board since the primaries wrapped up. With that caveat, I think it's plain to anyone who listens to Romney that the man is dripping with condescension, prole or no.

Fortunately for Romney, everyone has their partisan goggles on for the general. Democrats don't like him anyway, but now at least Republicans will view him favorably until November.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 12:49:13 AM »

It's not silly; it's a good point. But I'm still discomforted by the idea of a President who doesn't have a solid understanding of what life is like for most people; that's an understanding that should inform every decision that he or she makes.

(It's possible that Romney's problem is merely that he can't show this understanding. For Christ's sake, there are plenty of politicians who can show it without understanding it. But there's nothing in his platform or background to demonstrate that he does.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies