Opinion of the Libertarian Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:23:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Libertarian Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Go.
Freedom Party

Horrible Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Opinion of the Libertarian Party  (Read 2337 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 05, 2012, 11:37:26 PM »

Marokai is the only person that's somewhat made any sense in this thread so far.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 12:04:24 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2012, 12:12:22 AM by king of jeans »

Marokai has a point historically speaking. Given how tiny Libertarians really are as a group "infiltrating" is just going to get you ignored completely. However, obviously given the changes to ballot access, campaign finance not to mention all the organizations that specifically target libertarians even that seems a bit pie in the sky to me. 1992 was probably the last possible chance for any 3rd party to really gain influence.

I think like any radical group in general the best approach for libertarians to take would be is to ignore conventional politics outside of the local level. It's just way too rigged to bother with. Instead, they should focus on developing their intellectual infrastructure while also attempting to creatively disengage from the state and/or form alliances with other minority groups.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »

that's still not coercion. mind you, i don't think a coercion free society is possible at this point. it was viable in pre revolutionary days (take your pick) but not so much now. people just don't think like libertarians (right or left) overwhelmingly. even something like minarchism is obviously not viable in a democratic society, it might be under monarchism or some sort of un-democratic state but that would be 'forcing people to be free.'

(obvious disclaimer: i am not a minarchist either.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies