Opinion of the Libertarian Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:30:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Libertarian Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Go.
Freedom Party

Horrible Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Opinion of the Libertarian Party  (Read 2346 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: May 08, 2012, 10:20:10 AM »

HP. Libertarianism is a uniquely American form of authoritarianism that I would never support.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »

FF. Libertarianism is a uniquely American form of anti-authoritarianism that I would support.

Fixed.

If you think that letting your boss do whatever he wants to you while you're on the clock is 'anti-authoritarian', then sure. But you just have a weird definition of what is and isn't authoritarian, in that case. Libertarianism is nothing more than inverted Marxism.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:01:57 PM »

FF. Libertarianism is a uniquely American form of anti-authoritarianism that I would support.

Fixed.

If you think that letting your boss do whatever he wants to you while you're on the clock is 'anti-authoritarian', then sure. But you just have a weird definition of what is and isn't authoritarian, in that case. Libertarianism is nothing more than inverted Marxism.

You don't have to work for that boss, you can go work for another boss, which puts that guy out of business, which fixes the issue. While a genuine free market would probably need some restricts on the creation of monopolies, the issue can be fixed without resorting to massive government involvement. Ideally the government checks corporate power and the people check both.

You're implying that most people could and would just simply quit their jobs because they don't like who they're working for, and that that would put that person out of business instantly.

Libertarianism is such a cute ideology.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »

Fixed.

You don't have to work for that boss, you can go work for another boss, which puts that guy out of business, which fixes the issue. While a genuine free market would probably need some restricts on the creation of monopolies, the issue can be fixed without resorting to massive government involvement. Ideally the government checks corporate power and the people check both.

You're implying that most people could and would just simply quit their jobs because they don't like who they're working for, and that that would put that person out of business instantly.

Libertarianism is such a cute ideology.

Are you suggesting that a business can work without employees?

No, I'm suggesting that it is entirely naive to think that the boss couldn't find people to work for him or her when unemployment is upwards of 8%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies