Emoviolence cover of Tiffany's "I Think We Are Alone Now" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:16:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Emoviolence cover of Tiffany's "I Think We Are Alone Now" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emoviolence cover of Tiffany's "I Think We Are Alone Now"  (Read 1223 times)
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« on: May 07, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »

The band's name is nice. The sound is nothing that anyone wasn't doing in the 90's. But the vocal... It really sucks!
I always wonder if Ian MacKaye and Guy Picciotto are fond of the horrible bands they inspired.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »

The band's name is nice. The sound is nothing that anyone wasn't doing in the 90's. But the vocal... It really sucks!
I always wonder if Ian MacKaye and Guy Picciotto are fond of the horrible bands they inspired.

Don't you at least think the band would be fun live? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgL7Fh6ZjnI

[/quote]

Much better sound.
But from his bangs I would guess the lyrics are the same Emo crybaby rant. "Daddy denied me my milk with pear and ovaltine, now I hate the world and wanna cut my throat".
Also, WTF is that guy between 0:39 and 0:44?? Is he trying to be a chopper or something?
Well, I'm just a nostalgic quasi-old who remembers when Emo was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uahjvD7EjVM&feature=relmfu
I know that ranting against younger folks music is awful. Even when our rant is that It isn't aggressive enough or lacks punk cred.
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:55:21 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2012, 04:05:43 PM by batmacumba »

I live in Brazil since I was three. And cassetes flew fast hand-to-hand before the digital age. Also there always were specialized music shops which imported (legally or not) any underground music.
Many of us knew new punk or eletronic music before it hit its american or european niches.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies