Whose had a better 48 hours?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:24:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Whose had a better 48 hours?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well...
Obama

Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Whose had a better 48 hours?  (Read 1917 times)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »

Obama. But then I'm a Queer Democrat. Tongue
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 06:04:23 PM »

From a politically-neutral standpoint, Obama.
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »

Obama actually.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »

Unless you're a gay-hater, Obama.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:22:37 PM »

Obama. He's done a great job at setting the dialogue in his favor. Even when it looks like he's losing the cable news war, he's actually winning.

Hillary Rosen's comments: Actually shed new light on the Romney's lifestyle, like the fact that Ann Romney has never had a paying job in her life.

Bin Laden Ad fallout: Romney tried to claim Obama was "spiking the football." All it did was remind people that Obama authorized the killing of Bin Laden

Obama supports gay Marriage: Clarifies Obama's position on gay rights and keeps Romney from sticking to a dialogue about the economy.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »

Obama, definitely.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »

Obama. He's done a great job at setting the dialogue in his favor. Even when it looks like he's losing the cable news war, he's actually winning.

Hillary Rosen's comments: Actually shed new light on the Romney's lifestyle, like the fact that Ann Romney has never had a paying job in her life.

Bin Laden Ad fallout: Romney tried to claim Obama was "spiking the football." All it did was remind people that Obama authorized the killing of Bin Laden

Obama supports gay Marriage: Clarifies Obama's position on gay rights and keeps Romney from sticking to a dialogue about the economy.

You're kidding yourself if you think Obama won the Hillary Rosen thing.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »

We'll find out on Monday morning when Gallup updates their polling.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »

no sir. In the aftermath I think it played into the general perception of the Romney's. Remember when Ann told a room full of backers that Rosen's comment was like Christmas for her? It exposed mitt and herself as opportunists.

Although, I will admit, I like Ann about 100 times more than I like Mitt.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »

Romney won the Rosen thing.

But these last two weeks have been completely Obama's. If only because he's successfully diverted the narrative away from his weak points. I still think coming out in favour of gay marriage is a bad political move. But the way he's done it is commendable.

Poor April job numbers come out, and what have we been talking about for the last two weeks? Osama bin Laden and gay marriage.

I believe Romney could be an excellent president. I really do. But he's a poor politician.
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 07:24:04 PM »

No one won the Hillary Rosen debacle. No one really gave two sh**ts about it except the media.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »

I don't know, but I don't really care about that time frame in a vacuum.  Obama/campaign constantly undermines himself long term.  That damage will pile up whereas the light mud thrown at Romney won't stick.  Advantage: Romney.    
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2012, 07:41:42 PM by Politico »

I don't know, but I don't really care about that time frame in a vacuum.  Obama/campaign constantly undermines himself long term.  That damage will pile up whereas the light mud thrown at Romney won't stick.  Advantage: Romney.    

Yeah, undecideds look at Romney, and see that he's not talking out of his ass like Santorum would be right now. That's enough to make people comfortable with Romney. All Team Romney has to do is have the undecideds comfortable with the notion of "President Romney." That is all it is going to take to unseat a president in this weak economy. In the meantime, Romney just needs to keep focusing on the economy like a laser beam. He's much more conservative than Obama, so that ought to be enough for the social conservatives. Do they want more liberal judges under Obama, or conservative judges under Romney? Pretty easy choice. They just need to be quiet and let Romney win this election on the economy.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 09:48:02 PM »

"OBAMA! YOU MAY HAVE WON THE BATTLE, BUT YOU WILL NOT WIN THE WAR!"
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 06:42:56 AM »

I don't know, I've never met him/her.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies