the French income tax rate increases (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:13:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  the French income tax rate increases (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the French income tax rate increases  (Read 1554 times)
rob in cal
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:33:29 AM »

Assuming newly elected French President Hollande can actually get his income tax increases through the National Assembly we will see a great test case of how people react to a massive rate increase, albeit just a small amount of people.  He proposes to increase the 40% rate to 75% on all income above a million euros, (not sure where household size comes in on this though), and it will be fascinating to watch how big earners react.  I wonder how many of them there are, and how many make just into that million euro area and so wouldn't be too effected.  Also, how many might slack off a bit, once their rate jumps that high.
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »

I'd like to see a breakdown of income sources for those making one million or more per year.   In the US, earned income is a pretty substantial source of income for the top 1%, not just investment income.  Its the earned income portion in France that I'd guess will go down significantly if one saw a jump from 45% to 75% over a certain level.  The highest level now is 40% but Holland also proposes a raise of 40 to 45% and then the new rate of 75% above a million.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies