do you fear that you will be framed for a serious crime? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:48:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  do you fear that you will be framed for a serious crime? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: do you fear that you will be framed for a serious crime?  (Read 1183 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: May 07, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »

no, I keep all my receipts and don't hang around anyone involved in anything underhanded.

What the flipping flip?  You work in Corporate Finance in the Energy Industry, no? 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 05:01:20 PM »

Yeah, fear of planted drugs in my lugage when I travel to corrupt countries with death penalty/very hard prison conditions for drug smugling. Recurrent nightmare of mine.

Interestingly, whenever I enter and leave Thailand, there is no visible customs presence whatsoever - you literally walk right out of the airport.  Not only is there no customs line, or desk, or personnel, you don't even fill out a customs card on the plane anymore.   

By contrast the last several times I entered the Bad Place (through LAX) a vicious drug sniffing dog was aimed at my crotch every time, as we were herded like convicts, and twice my bag was searched by the customs troopers.  And I think 'very hard prison conditions' are a given in our dear old homeland as well.

Believe me, corrupt countries are soooooooo much better than the Land of the Free.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies