Austrian police officers like to shoot more than their German counterparts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:34:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian police officers like to shoot more than their German counterparts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Austrian police officers like to shoot more than their German counterparts  (Read 2620 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: May 12, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »

Also the idea that there's a "safe" place to shoot someone is mostly a Hollywood invention, someone could easily die from the blood loss from a hit to the leg by the time EMT arrives or even if it not it'd be too late. That's why shots are never to "kill" or "wound" but rather simply "neutralize", basically remove the person as a threat (except for snipers who do headshots, thus obviously shoot to kill.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »

The problem with tasers isn't so much their existence or use but that they are too frequently used on people who aren't a threat or dangerous at all. When I was in college the Blue Earth County Sheriff's Department was stripped of them after a few incidents where they were used to break up noisy parties and college students were tazed for fleeing. And they are not necessarily harmless either, especially in an urban environment where if a person falls they'll be hitting concrete.

And dead0man are you seriously calling Austria a "left" country? LOL. For awhile one of the governing parties in Austria was led by a guy who wanted to require that children of immigrants and native Austrians attend different schools.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »

And dead0man are you seriously calling Austria a "left" country? LOL. For awhile one of the governing parties in Austria was led by a guy who wanted to require that children of immigrants and native Austrians attend different schools.

What do you mean by "was" ?

Those people are still in the government - they are called ÖVP.

http://derstandard.at/2510386?sap=2&_seite=10

So it's not just the Freedom Party that supports that, bleh. Well that proves my point to dead0man even moreso.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 09:18:17 PM »

The difference is that a cop isn't likely to shoot or club someone for fleeing after jaywalking or leaving an illegal keg party or something. They do taze. Like I said, tasers were banned with my college town's county's sheriff's department (granted they were fairly unimportant in comparison to Mankato PD.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies