Austrian police officers like to shoot more than their German counterparts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:05:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian police officers like to shoot more than their German counterparts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Austrian police officers like to shoot more than their German counterparts  (Read 2621 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 08, 2012, 11:14:04 PM »

They (the authorities in charge of the police) let them shoot "warning shots"?  Wow.  I thought only idiots and people in movies did the whole "warning shot" thing.  They probably shoot to "wound" instead of kill too....which would explain why they only hit 2 of the 4 bad guys they had to shoot at.

<walks away shaking his head saying "warning shots?">
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »

Do police in Europe not have Tasers (or other, ranged, less lethal, weapons)?  I know the left (and so perhaps all of Europe) love to hate Tasers, but that's just pure ignorance on their part (not like that's a new thing).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:46:51 AM »

Well of course not, but the majority (and thus the people that make the laws) is to the left of the US average.  And after reading Branson's post and the wiki on them, I see that my suspicions were accurate.  They are used, sparingly, in a few places and there has been issues regarding their use pretty much everywhere they've been used.

It's one of the many issues that the left has an emotional reaction to.  An issue that they don't think through.  (obviously "the left" isn't the only.....direction...that has this problem)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:01:25 PM »

Do police in Europe not have Tasers (or other, ranged, less lethal, weapons)?  I know the left (and so perhaps all of Europe) love to hate Tasers, but that's just pure ignorance on their part (not like that's a new thing).

I don't see why we should trust a corporation which is so secretive with the health effects of its weapon. They act like they want to hide something.
I have no idea what you're going on about.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Of course they can be abused, any tool can be, but batons and guns can be abused too and they are much more dangerous.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 11:18:21 PM »

The difference is that a cop isn't likely to shoot or club someone for fleeing after jaywalking or leaving an illegal keg party or something.
But they certainly have before..and it's not like every cop will taze you for stupid sh**t.  It depends on the cop.  Some are asshats and will abuse you with whatever tool they have.  Most wont.  All things considered, I'd rather police have them as a tool to subdue people that need subduing instead of just a gun and a blunt device.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies