OH-PPP: Ohio = Lean Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:44:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH-PPP: Ohio = Lean Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-PPP: Ohio = Lean Obama  (Read 6206 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 09, 2012, 04:21:13 PM »

The thing about Gov. Romney is that he's really good at eeking out favourable outcomes at the last minute. When he has to perform, he tends to perform pretty well. Romney is not going to take these debates lightly, and I expect a strong showing from him.

I actually can't really picture an astonishing debate performance out of Obama this time around. His ads and campaign message have been so diversionary... It will be easy for Romney to call him out. Maybe shake the foundations of BHO's personality cult.

Personality cult? If there were one he wouldn't be subjected to the crass sniping from your side. We would see President Obama being shown with fresh additions to his life story (that is, I was a Marine officer, but I was too modest to admit that in the campaign...) People calling him about such fraudulent achievements would find their careers coming to abrupt ends.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:54:26 PM »

The people on this forum aren't the types of people that would fall for the personality cult stuff. But the way African Americans and young people rally around Obama is certainly... unique. And yes--in a certain way, he's got a personality cult among these voters.

As for Romney's ability to eek out wins... He's been good at it this year, and that's what counts. I refuse to believe he lost Iowa. Some results are lost. So basically, thanks to a botched caucus, Iowa is an unknown.

He's performed when he has to perform. Back Romney into a corner and he'll fight his way out.

That is as meaningless as saying that any Republican pol has a personality cult among business executives. He's simply a good match for certain demographic groups. We have yet to see how Mitt Romney does against President Obama.

By no means do I count out the fighting spirit of Mitt Romney. But a fighting spirit is not enough. 

...If I am a Movement Conservative I would be alarmed about the youth vote.   As for Iowa... the PPP poll this week suggests that Iowa is going to be a very tough state for Mitt Romney.

Things look much as they did on Election day, 2008.  That is a better position now than it was in November 2008 because a long shot is better than a sure loss. Most long shots become sure losses at some point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies