Current polling, Obama vs. Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:14:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Current polling, Obama vs. Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Current polling, Obama vs. Romney  (Read 49220 times)
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« on: May 23, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »
« edited: May 23, 2012, 06:23:10 PM by "'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry »

Romney aint gonna win based on the sheer demographic mountain he has to climb. We are entering an era of Democratic presidential dominance based solely on the growing number of minority voters. Why do you think Democrats have dominated in most presidential elections since 1992? States that used to be easy GOP pickups are becoming increasingly out of reach because of rising minority populations.

Romney can try to make inroads with these voters, but he's certainly not going to win hispanics, for instance, after his party based their entire election strategy in 2010 on bashing and scapegoating them. And don't try to tell me that there is a difference between legal and illegal hispanics. Even most of the legal hispanics found the attacks on illegal immigration disgusting.

Things will change of course. After these minorities become more assimilated they will begin to split more between the parties, but it's not happening for a while. I wish Romney luck trying to win Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada and even Arizona. But I think he's going to hit a wall with these voters that he can't break through.

You forgot to mention 2000 and 2004 when Bush won most of the Hispanic vote.  

Besides, the Hispanic voters are over-estimated since many can't vote since they are not citizens.
No, Bush W. won 40% of the Hispanic Vote in 2000 and 44% of that vote in 2004.

No - 35% in 2000 and probably around 38%-39% in '04, though 44% was the official (likely wrong) number from initial exits.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »

No - 35% in 2000 and probably around 38%-39% in '04, though 44% was the official (likely wrong) number from initial exits.

Where are you getting that 38-39% figure, and what makes your numbers more reliable than the actual exit poll (which I'm sure interviewed far more people than you were able)?

Articles like this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies