Why Obama looks better in the electoral college (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:57:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why Obama looks better in the electoral college (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Obama looks better in the electoral college  (Read 2944 times)
hopper
United States

« on: May 08, 2012, 05:46:30 PM »

I was thinking we could have another situtation like in 2000 where the guy who wins the popular vote doesn't win the election. Romney is in trouble I mean he is down in Colorado, Nevada, Iowa, and New Hampshire. Thanks to Jan Brewer the Dems have Arizona in play for them(Not entirely Romney's fault there.) In my opinion if Romney can't nab Colorado he will lose the election automatically. You have to win Colorado to win the election in my opinion for this year and for years to come.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 06:01:23 PM »

Well then Romney's screwed because he's not winning Colorado. A candidate polling at 53% at this point in the election ain't gonna lose the state unless he completely collapses.
Colorado is like Ohio Part II now if you will. You have to win both states in order to win the election. Of course that might change in 20 years. I mean Ohio is losing population like crazy and barely gained more population in the last 10 years than the state of Connecticut did in the 2010 US Census. Meanwhile Colorado is gaining a whole lot of population and will probably gain a House Seat in the 2020 Census.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 06:25:47 PM »

I think Obama's resource advantages in 2008 helped him win swing states by greater than average margins. Romney looks to close this gap this year, so that may decline.

Well I don't think Obama will win NC this year but who knows because the Democratic National Convention is in Charlotte this year. The Democrats have an unpopular governor in the governor's mansion who won't seek a second term. The State's Democratic Chair recently resigned too so the state's Democratic Party is maybe at a crossroads right now.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »

I have nothing agaisnt mormons. But the GOP is about to nominate a mormon to try to win these crucial  states. The gop should have nominated mike huckabee
How can you nominate somebody(Huckabee) that announced he didn't want to run in the first place in this cycle?  He does have a nice gig over at FOX after all.

Huckabee was the Santorum of the 2008 cycle in my opinion with ties to the religious right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies